First boot, and i have THIS! What can I do? Cursor looks nice and moving

It used to be on Zorin downloads, but seems to have gone when I just looked there.
I see it here though: SourceForge

Z15.3 is based on Ubuntu 18.04 which now does not get updates, except security updates.
There may be other more up-to-date 32bit Linux distro's that others here can suggest, but 32bit distro's are becoming more rare.

1 Like

According to the page you linked, it is 64bit.

Processor socket Socket 479
Processor front side bus 1066 MHz
Processor lithography 45 nm
Processor operating modes 64-bit
Processor series Intel Core 2 Duo P7000 Series

True.
@sendsay Do check for sure using cpu-z.
If 64bit, you will be better served by ZorinOS (and other Linux distro's).

I have T5800 processor, INTEL says, his have x64 instructions, but win7x64 dont run! I dont know, who if fool, Iam or Asus X59SL))))

Sourceforge, says Page Depricated and dont load!

If you have 64bit cpu you won't need a 32bit OS like Z15.3 Lite, so ignore that. Just test your cpu using cpu-z as I suggested to make sure it is 64bit, then go for Z16.3.

I also suggest you read this pre-installation advice: Before you install

Look on header, OS is runing, but picture not good)) Cursor moving and looks good, and its all.

As an experiment, can you try running "Try ZorinOS" from the ZorinOS live USB and see if your graphics card behaves with that.

Hmmm, good ! Tomorrow.

You can also add nomodeset to the grub file and see if that helps to at least get you logged in.

How: [HOW TO] add a grub parameter

In /etc/default/grub you will want to add nomodeset to the end of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
So it will look like:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

Then in terminal sudo update-grub.

1 Like

It`s working! But when I install, no (look on header)

I`ve windows, how can I edit this file, from windows? Or where can I find it?

It is the grub menu for the option to boot Zorin or Windows. It takes the place of Windows boot manager. It cannot be edited in Windows.

If you installed Windows after Zorin, you overwrote this or it is being ignored. Go into the bios to change the boot order, placing Ubuntu (is how it is listed) first, then Windows.

When at the grub, click the advanced option and drop to terminal. Then follow the guide I provided above, with my recommended changes.

Try in normal mode (not safe graphic). It NOT working (look image)
Cursor is moving!

I install, Zorin OS in to empty notebook. Maybe Hdd must be empty?

Install one more time, but use set password. After boot, have login window, it looks nice, enter password and then doesnt work. ((((
But picture looks how seilor)))) I like this picture))

Everything i check says that RV620/RV635 (Radeon HD 3470) is supported.
It is included in the Linux Kernel and has been for years, now.
You might try an earlier kernel:

sudo apt install linux-headers-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-63-generic linux-image-5.8.0-63-generic

Boot into it and check that you are on 5.8.0-63 with

uname -r

You may need to clean the contacts on the graphics card carefully and ensure it is properly seated in the slot.
It is possible that your graphics card is suffering hardware failure.

Are you saying with "Try ZorinOS" from Live USB screen graphics are all OK?
Only when you install ZorinOS do you get the checker-board screen (as per your screenshots)?

Please take time to describe clearly what you have done.

1 Like

I've had a similar problem on my laptop, but only when logging in using wayland.

Try booting up again, but before logging in, click on a button that is located in the bottom-right side of the screen and make sure whatever option is selected does NOT say Wayland. If it's selected, select the other option

I have my doubts wether this may be the problem or not, since I think x11 comes as default, but it's worth a try

When i click try zorin os (safe graphic) everything works, when without (safe graphic) it doesn't work (see picture above). when i install the system it doesn't work (see pictures above).