[FIXED] Zorin OS 16.1 not booting up with the Linux kernel 5.13.0-39-generic

Hi. I have an issue where my laptop does not boot up with the latest Linux kernel. The boot sequence locks up and I have to force shut down. However, I was able to get past the lockup by pressing F12 when the laptop was turning on, choosing my (internal) hard drive, and then immediately pressing F12 while Zorin OS was booting up, choosing advanced options for Zorin, and choosing the 5.13.0-37-generic Linux kernel instead. Could anyone help me out to fix it or make 5.13.0-37-generic my default Linux kernel?

After I restarted my laptop, I decided to secure my laptop with a BIOS password. Then out of nowhere, it booted up. I assume that it just had bootup issues.

This sounds like you have Secure Boot enabled in your BIOS.

Yes, my BIOS is on stock settings but I had to mess around with it when installing Windows before switching to Zorin. My BIOS is Insyde, not AMI or Phoenix.

I had to choose CSM mode for internal media but UEFI mode for external media so it could at least boot from an external source.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.