Flatpak and Flathub and Nvidia

Hi-

Had a problem installing a flatpak this morning, no indication of any progress, so I closed the store, did a search here on the forum, and found a post suggesting I run flatpak update in the terminal.

Did that, have a whole bunch of NVidia drivers in the lineup, and my downloads are running super slow around 2 MB/s

Are all these huge NVidia drivers necessary? I thought I had entered a CL entry to stop this a few months ago. And is the speed due to a server problem? My internet downloads are around 80MB/s today.
First attemp froze after 4 packages.

Here's what I see in the download list:

1. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-510-54                  1.4                u              flathub              328.9 MB / 329.8 MB
 2. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-510-60-02               1.4                u              flathub              328.3 MB / 329.2 MB
 3. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-510-73-05               1.4                u              flathub              329.3 MB / 330.2 MB
 4. [—] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-510-85-02               1.4                u              flathub              142.4 MB / 330.8 MB
 5. [ ] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-515-65-01               1.4                u              flathub            < 365.1 MB
 6. [ ] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-520-56-06               1.4                u              flathub            < 407.1 MB
 7. [ ] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.nvidia-470-74                1.4                u              flathub            < 271.3 MB
 8. [ ] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.nvidia-510-85-02             1.4                u              flathub            < 330.7 MB
 9. [ ] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.nvidia-520-56-06             1.4                u              flathub            < 407.0 MB
 7. [ ] org.gnome.PasswordSafe                                     stable             r
 8. [ ] org.gnome.PasswordSafe.Locale                              stable             r
 9. [ ] com.github.tchx84.Flatseal                                 stable             u              flathub            < 151.8 kB
10. [ ] org.gnome.World.Secrets.Locale                             stable             i              flathub            < 337.8 kB
11. [ ] org.gnome.World.Secrets                                    stable             i              flathub              < 7.1 MB
12. [ ] org.libreoffice.LibreOffice.Locale                         stable             u              flathub             < 82.0 MB (partial)
13. [ ] org.libreoffice.LibreOffice                                stable             u              flathub            < 313.3 MB
14. [ ] org.gnome.Platform.Locale                                  41                 r
15. [ ] org.gnome.Platform 

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Only have 470 installed, with 418 as an alternative. Have no idea where these others came from.

Gday @Marcsitkin ,
Try refreshing your modem.
Note: sometimes it may take a little time to start downloaded from the "Software Store"

As @Turtle11 , said , Only one driver is needed,
Why you have multi drivers available, is the system will give you a selection of drivers to choose from, ( one should comply with your machine, ( Note: others may work but not correctly) SO you are given a choice.
Normally the system will select what it sees as the best driver, If this doesn't suit you, you then have other drivers to try.
Hope this may help.
Keep us informed.

Thanks, but to clarify:
Ookla Speed test shows downloads of around 80MB/s.

Two proprietary drivers show in the software center

The first post in this thread showed the results of a command line to run flatpak update.

Why are Nvidia drivers in the flatpak updates?

Flatpak will download and install anything it considers a dependency even if you have them installed as a part of your system.
Flatpak is sandboxed from your system, which means that Flatpak must provide redundant dependencies that it can access for Flatpak.
If the Flatpak servers are bogged, you can see slow speeds.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.