Free Tube Update

For those that are using Free Tube like I do google has scored another victory for themselves .... you can no longer download youtube videos by means of Free Tube .... youtube told them to disable that function and then reinforced it on their end so you couldn't download anything .... they even went so far as to making sure that even older versions of Free Tube would not be able to download ....

Google like M$ is tightening the noose ..... of course there are those that are going to say "their product .... their rules" and you are quite correct ..... after all it is not a matter of life or death ....

There are other ways to download youtube videos for Win using download managers but none that I am aware of in Zorin or Linux ....

What about "Video Downloader"? It's called that.

2 Likes

Thanks Storm ..... I'll check it out .... the main reason I like Free Tube is because you didn't have to log into youtube and put up with their adds and spying .... and you didn't need an account with youtube using Free Tube.... but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too ..... just trying to keep anything google off Zorin .... :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I suppose if I really needed to I can view the video on Free Tube and if I want to save it .... download from youtube by way of Win on my dual boot set-up as I still keep a youtube account there ....

Although more work .... it does have a benefit ..... it keeps me from adding a bunch of unnecessary downloads I don't really need to on my HD space.... :rofl:

4k Youtube to MP3 still works. So does 4K video downloader- just tested both.

2 Likes

i don't really download videos but i do enjoy free tube for the reasons you mentioned. it's a great alternative!

1 Like

Thanks I'll check both of those ... sorry for the delay as I just did something and had to hard boot my machine .... but it seems back to normal now .... :+1:

Yes it is and up until a few months ago you could download their videos but as I said no more .... but I will still watch them on there .... maybe with the other suggestions above I can still download somehow ....

1 Like

Well I've tried every way I know to download from Free Tube but it just won't let me even using 4K Video Downloader .... I did manager to find youtube where I wasn't signed in but I couldn't download there either it wants me to sign in ....

I have just had so much trouble with google i just don't trust them .... ex .... about 2 years ago I got so fed up with them that I even bought a cell phone that didn't except google or M$ for that matter they have their own OS .... I have since gone back to Android but that is another story for another day but still no google on it ....

Anyway my phone was only about 3 days old when I got an email from google telling me that my new cell phone didn't have google installed and they want to know why .... and people say google doesn't spy on you ....

This message was on my last gmail account as I had deleted 3 others several months prior .... I deleted that one and now I only have one google account and that is not tied to their email so I can keep google earth on my Win 10 ....

I would consider 4k Video downloader an alternative to Freetube, not a means of downloading freetube...

Do you mean use 4K Video Dowloader to download videos from youtube itself ???? .... youtube won't let you copy and paste the video url without an account .... I guess I could be wrong but it won't let me anyway ....

Yes, I just paste the link to the video directly into the opened 4k application - it downloads it and saves it to the default or user-preferred directory set in 4k.

1 Like

I bought some time ago for 20$ 3 license on all complete pack 4K Video Downloader. It working if is public and not private.

I navigate across youtube with firefox private mode, ublock and consent blocker. Never have to log in and never see a single ad

2 Likes

Are you able to download any videos from YouTube that way ????? .....

I found out that if I used YouTube without signing in it wouldn't let me download anything and copying the url from the YouTube box that pops up .... when I copy and paste it to any downloading program I get a message that it "Can't Process Page" ....

Free Tube is now set up that it doesn't generate url's period .... as part of the agreement with YouTube so there is nothing to try and copy ....

I don't have this problem, I am using Firefox with Ublockorigin.

1 Like

Slimjet browser has one built in - won't install on Devuan as a dependency missing.
Firefox ESR add-on works - Easy YouTube Video downloader express.

1 Like

Geekersoft Free YouTube Video Download can be downloaded normally for free

Geekersoft Free YouTube Video Download

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.