Fstab: "errors=remount-ro" on root partition

Zorin 18.1 Pro installed on my PC (Ryzen 7 9700X with 32 GB RAM)).
Triple boot: Windows 11 on a separate SSD; and on the Linux SSD:
/sda1 EFI System;
/sda2 swap (8 GB);
/sda3 UBUNTU 26.04;
/sda4 ZORIN 18.1Pro.

However I noticed that fstab contains "errors_remount-ro" on /sda4.

It appears that I can write to ROOT and Software Updater works. So what does this error mean; is any action necessary or advisable?
(I note that internet is not helpful when searching this error)

Hello and welcome,
You have nothing to do, it is the standard mount for the root partition...
This is not an error it's a mounting parameter !
Don't touch this file if you don't know what you are doing.
Read this to understand what is this file
https://linuxconfig.org/how-fstab-works-introduction-to-the-etc-fstab-file-on-linux

3 Likes

Hi and welcome.

Sidenote: You don't need a swap area for GNU/Linux on SSD.

2 Likes