Future is here (kind of ig)

Hey
So today I came across this video

WTH is this? I mean it looks good but is that even possible? What do you think?

2 Likes

Yes, it is definitely possible. Using various extensions and recoding, Gnome D.E. can be make quite interesting.

2 Likes

Completely overhauled my panel - so it's possible in Gnome.

5 Likes

UPDATE
I had commented on that video, so they replied me and actually gave me the link of that OS. Would that be safe to install?
LXOS2.iso - Google Drive
Here's the link
ValiantBoy1

Why? You can just install Zorin and Mod your Desktop like that.
Trusted Source + Stable Desktop.

1 Like

I'm lazy lol. Tbh I do customize Windows and I have also tried Zorin and I love it. Still My work doesn't allows me to use linux. I use Linux cause I'm curious and I love play ing with my PC. I have installed zorin in my old laptop plus I also have Zorin 17 on this pc as alternative OS but I can't SWITCH to zorin. I just wanted to see how far has linux came in terms of stability and looks. That's is the only reason I asked whether it is safe or not........

I switched to Linux for my daily driver. Gaming, Video Editing, Coding, etc.

ISO Files from a Google Drive location seems not very "trusty" ....

2 Likes

I am more lucky - I switched to GnuLinux out of necessity at the time. It became my daily driver. Then work considered it a bonus that I was using GnuLinux and transferred me to a better position.

I do not know if the .iso is 'safe' or not, but you can check the SHA and it looks a lot more like they are just promoting their product.

2 Likes

tried on a VM under KVM. It does run about 1 minute before it abends and freeze ... Not even ready for alpha ...

and the ISO is a 12Gb monster ...