Getting Sound To Work from your Mac

Hi,
I have tried a few different methods, but so far none work.
I system is a 2017 27" iMac 40 gig Memory 4.2 GHz Quad Core intel i7. 1TB SSD HD.
On the Sound Settings its just Dummy Output.. Even the Zorin Team do not have a Solution, and they told me to join this Forum and see if someone could help.
I think Zorin 16.1 Pro is great, but having no sound is the deal breaker.
Surely there must be lots of other Mac User using Zorin..? I have tried other Distros and not had a problem with sound.. Yes I could put Ubuntu on and it would work fine, but I like Zorin Pro and want to stay with that.. I did try it on Oracle VM and the sound works, but again I do not want it on a VM. So if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Thank You
Paul

Hi and welcome to the forum. Just to say, I do not have a imac, but have dealt with some Zorin Core sound issues affecting my old intel laptop in the past. Although the number of mac converts to ZorinOS has seemed to increase, I don't think there are many compared to PC Windows refugees, so help here may be a bit thin.

I just did a search on this forum "imac sound". The results of 2 other imac users threads were dissapointing in that no solutions were found.

You say you have tried a few different things and also contacted the devs. I guess you have therefore seen this: Set Up Sound - Zorin Help

Can you tell us what sound card you have?

Have you had a play with alsamixer run from terminal?
In alsamixer Can you hit [F5] to display "All" and then post a screenshot of the display here.

In the meantime you could also do a websearch "imac dummy sound ubuntu 20.04" and see what that gives.

EDIT:
here is one item from websearch, but don't know if it fits your case.

Hi, what kind of sound in iMac?