GNOME 43-related Updates in Gnome-Software

I'm experiencing this weird update lists in the Gnome-Software that are related to GNOME 43. I've updated them but somehow, 3 or more days later, that update lists are showing up again in the Gnome-Software. Adding the oddity, whenever I updated them, there were not password authentication needed at all. Not just that, those updates still appears even after I tried to refresh it. Here is the list of those updates:

1. GNOME Application version 43, Shared libraries used by GNOME applications;
  2. org.gnome.Platform.Locale, Framework for applications.

Is anyone facing the same problem as well?? Are those truly necessary updates?? Or are those just bugs??

1 Like

Zorin 16 is not designed to handle the latest gnome version. You are better off using the terminal with the command sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y. This will keep you up to date, though it may not change the app store upgrade recommendations. I don't use the app store since i purposely find all the applications i use by deb or apt. I've uninstalled snap and flatpak.

1 Like

Gnome Software is not only unnecessary for Zorin OS, it confuses users and wastes resources. I hope there will be a replacement for it in the future.

2 Likes

That's what I was thinking all this time bcs why it suddenly offers me updates that are related to GNOME 43 while Zorin OS 16 Core is using GNOME 3.38. So it really is a bug, am I right?? If this is really a bug, what could make this bug appear?? Could it be one of my PPAs that I added by myself?? Or is it something else different??

1 Like

I don't like Gnome-Software bcs of its slow search results, and of course because of the high resource usage. It takes 349,4 MiB of my RAM if I checked it in the System Monitor. I heard that Ubuntu is trying to develop a new software store based of Flutter. But I doubt they will implement it to be the default Software Store even if it's already finished on development in the future

2 Likes

That would be the thing I would look at.

1 Like

It takes more on mine, but i dont really care because i have 32gb of ram.

As for slow search, no issues here with gnome

1 Like

Those are Flatpak runtimes being updated, which Gnome Software can do. You apparently have some Flatpak applications installed. Here they are in my Flatpak transaction history:

Dec 29 16:50:57 deploy install org.gnome.Platform                                  43          system       flathub

Dec 30 06:38:11 deploy install org.gnome.Platform.Locale                           43          system       flathub
1 Like

So those are coming from Flatpak not from the native packages and PPAs??

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.