Gnome, GTK and the rest

Ubuntu is Canonical, Canonical is Ubuntu. What I particularly dislike about Ubuntu is it has become the 'Apple' in the Linux World - you only have to see Mark Shuttleworth posing in a video that he reminds you of a Linux Steve Jobs! 'Thee Mahn' who created Ubuntu Ultimate was told by Canonical to stop using Ubuntu in his .iso creations, so after Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 everything became Ultimate Edition (UE). My favourite fork of UE was the Oz version based off Ubuntu 13.10. At the login screen a female voice announces "Welcome. Please Identify yourself". I need to boot up this old edition and see how I can add this as a script to run the .wav file at login!

In respect of Pear Linux I suspect that Apple issued a 'force majeur' or David would have faced the consequences. I still have 8 and missed out on 9 which was released just around the time of the demise. It's 'replacment' was GMAC-10 but it was no match for Pear. Similar Apple distros that have gone by the wayside include Apricity that never really took off. A long time ago I used to use Dream Linux which was very nice but you had to attach a wired keyboard first before you could use a wireless one after install. Might take a look at Pearl Linux as it still has Compiz!
https://www.pearllinux.net/

1 Like

I can't say Emmabuntus with a straight face. As soon as I say the Emmabuntus, my face turns to this...

:joy:

For French speaker, it is very easy.

The starting point of this charity was one poor woman found dead from hypothermia in Paris after she lost her lodging. Since then Franch law was made which does not allow to evict non-paying renters during Winter months.

My brain, for some bizzare and inexplicable reason, initially thought of Emma Bunton (aka Baby Spice). :exploding_head:

EDIT: Deviation Warning Red. Do not pursue this argument.

1 Like

Your right Zaba!

Thats what happens when you do

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.