GNOME lockscreen

Maybe a bug ?

How large is the Zorin Partition?

SDA1: EFI 537MB
SDA2: Linux Filesystem

1 Like

This is a strange issue. You have a 1TB hard drive, with only a 70GB game on it, there should be no issue. Zorin OS only requires like what 45GB of space on a drive to function well. Something is a foot.

Hmmm, could you please take a sceenshot of your Gparted and post the the screenshot here so we can see the full results of whats going on.

IDK about Aravisian, but that type of pie shaped analyzer sends my brain into cascade failure, my eyeballs reversed direction, and the amount of floaters increased. Too much eye strain trying to figure that complexity out lol.

Which system analyser you are using?

The results are the same as the picture i posted earlier

I looked, and then I looked again, I swear your GPARTED is confirming that there is no issue. I was even double checking your EFI BOOT partition, cause at first I was like wait a minute.

But then I realized, no I wasn't seeing what I thought I was seeing. For those who can't read the language, I will make it easy.

Three sets of columbs on the right side of GPARTED. Left is capacity, middle is used space, right is space available. So knowing that, I think its pretty darn obvious, Michel has more then plenty of space free.

Something weird is going on and I don't like it. I think we Michel has gremlines in the gearbox. Aravisian will get that, were both mechanics lol.

2 Likes

Anyone has ideas why root and home are in red while there is plenty of space is left ???? i really want to know if this is a bug or not ?

Also i can confirm the lockscreen in Pop! OS is doing the same as in Zorin OS, so it's a gnome issue.

RED is usually meaning the drive is encrypted, or the partition on the drive is encrypted. I assume you mean looking at them in the DISKS utility correct? Ya, RED means encrypted in that case.

If you mean you see a lot of RED in nautilus file manager properties of a drive, well, none of us have figured that out. Both Aravisian and I got confused with a previous member posting about that. Heck, maybe that was you IDK.

I did not encrypt the drive, how is this even possible ?

I mean this:

And this:

and this:

plenty of space and yet still red in the first picture

I remember now, it was Bourne who had the issue. Ya, I know, I actually remembered something, incredible! That is the thing that I was talking about, one that I, Aravisian, and Bourne, all of us, haven't found any solution too.

You have plenty of space, yet, the computer shows your space nearly full. Maybe there is an issue with SMART, which is a information reporter for hard drive, IDK.

Like I've said, no solution to this has been found thus far, don't know if there ever will be.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.