Gnome software not properly installing apps

I am facing similar issues.

Can you please run in terminal:

sudo apt install --reinstall ca-certificates && sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Reboot and test...

2 Likes

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

I got this.

Run sudo dpkg --configure -a in terminal and then

killall gnome-software

Re-launch gnome-software store and test...

3 Likes

Okay Thank You, it did work. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@RaeYog If it was Aravisian post #4 that fixed it, can you click the ... underneath the post and mark that post as :ballot_box_with_check:Solution.

Hi, i am facing same issues again, the old process did not help. The error keep on repeating again and again.

Which Snap Programs do you currently need?

snap list

I have uploaded the screenshot above i cannot update apps as there are errors

In terminal, run snap list

Okay, after that?

The snap plugin to the Software Store is likely what is creating this repeated issue.
I do not use Snap and I remove snapd from my system. And... I never get that error on the Software store.
While this suggestion is not a Solution; Are you using Snap Software that could be replaced by using a .deb package from standard APT?
Removing Snapd can also decrease boot time.

Since this error is due to Snap server communication and certificates, it is a persistent bug in gnome-software and not something ZorinGroup can repair.
You can file a bug (along with so many others) to the Snap or the Gnome dev teams...

so basically this core 18 update is not a system update, it is from snap?

Since Zorin OS includes Snap for those users who use it, it must include the libraries for base Zorin systems. This is also true for Fltpak.
So if you run snap list or flatpak list, you will see these installed extra libraries.
Another would be gnome-3-28 and gtk-common-themes... These are duplicates included with Snap alongside with the same already installed with APT. These duplicates ensure that if you install Snap Software, you have the necessary libraries for the Snap Programs to work.
But they are only necessary for Snap, not for Zorin OS, as they are duplicates intended to provide libraries to Snap and are isolated and sandboxed strictly to Snap.

So none of those listed are essential nor are they harmful to remove If you are Not Using any Snap Installed Programs.

If Zorin OS were to receive a system update, in which that must be duplicated for Snap, that can produce an update in the snap included libraries. However, this would be uncommon to occur. Snap brings its own libraries with it (as does Flatpak).
While it is possible, I cannot think of very much in a system update that would affect the sandboxed and isolated libraries of Snap.

The screenshot you show is for an update to an R.E. for Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic), but Zorin OS 16 is based on 20.04 (focal).
I am not sure why that is being listed. Perhaps a package in Snap has it as a previous dependency. Without knowing more about what apps you use and what you have installed I cannot say for sure.

1 Like

Okay thank you for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.