Good alternatives to software centre?

Hey! Im using the default software application provided with zorin os 16, are there any good alternatives to it? That one absolutely trash, takes ages to do ANYTHING even removing apps less than 10mb takes ages

2 Likes

Ok, after a bit of googling, decided to install AppGrid...but i get this error. How do i fix it?

Setting up appgrid (0.310) ...
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/init/appgrid.conf': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package appgrid (--configure):
 installed appgrid package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 appgrid

I prefer Synaptic Package Manager. It is a more Grid-like design, with * a lot* of tools. So it does not look like the simplified Software store. But in functionality, it is streaks ahead.

What method did you use to install? That looks like it was installed without Root Privileges.

1 Like

Ok, then I'll let synaptic a go, but the UI from what i see from screenshots is putting me off a bit. Is there one that has like a modern interface and possibly similar to UI on software?

Via terminal?Used a few commands from a stackoverflow post

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:appgrid/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install appgrid

Tried removing it and reinstalling via a deb package but the same error shows up. Am i missing any requirements here?

Last update was last week.

It is modern. That is not a classical Application.

I will need to try installing it to see.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.