Graphics Driver Check

Hey dudes! Hope you are well. So recently I installed Zorin OS 16 Core on my PC. I know that Zorin OS comes with a pre-installed graphics driver for AMD Graphics Cards. But how would I see the version of the driver and is it properly working or not? And I used to have a control panel for my graphics card on Windows. How can I get the control panel on my Linux PC to tweak some settings? I know it's pre-installed but just to make sure.

And I found a driver on the site of AMD. Should I install it or I'm good to go with the default one? Btw I'm using Vega 8 IGPU, hope that the pre-installed driver supports Vega Series. :3
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see you have Z16 Core.
Can you please tell us what AMD Graphics you have. That will help the helpers on the forum help you.
ZorinOS 16 is based on Ubuntu 20.04, so maybe this item will be of interest:

sudo apt install cpu-x

Launch cpu-x from terminal, then move to the Graphics tab.

Hey dude! I tried it but there's no such info about the driver version or name.

You can also run

sudo lshw -c video

in terminal. But it is showing you: Picasso Raven 2.
The driver is provided by sys-kernel/linux-firmware. It is included in the Linux Kernel.

1 Like

Do you have Software Updates set to "Main Server"?

2 Likes

Nope dude. But I can set it! Can I know why?

1 Like

Sometimes the local mirror servers are not quite up-to-date compared with the Main server.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.