Grub Resolution

Yes, you can use any grub them you want with the grub parameter:

GRUB_THEME=/boot/grub/themes/(New-Theme-Name-Goes-Here/theme.txt

and adding the theme file to /boot/grub/themes/

To change the splash screen:

I looked and all the zorin 15 plymouth themes are still ther? How to use it?

I am sorry, I am not understanding your question.
Are you using Zorin OS 16 or Zorin OS 15?
I prefer the Zorin OS 15 Plymouth splash... So I reverted back to it. Which plymouth do you prefer- the one with Z16 or Z15?

Do you have any other distros installed alongside of Zorin OS?

ok so I want to use Zorin Os plymouth theme and Grub theme on Zorin Os, I have Windows as my second operating system. Can u show me how to use zorin Os 15 grub theme and plymouth them on Zorin Os 16?

Grub theme

Here is a .deb package for the Zorin OS 15 Grub Theme:
https://launchpad.net/~zorinos/+archive/ubuntu/stable/+files/grub-theme-zorin_1.1.5_all.deb

Double click it to install.

If you have trouble getting it to show up, run:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

add the following line at the very bottom (Just for ease):
GRUB_THEME=/usr/share/grub/themes/zorin/theme.txt
hit ctrl+x to exit, the y key to say yes to save, then the enter key to save as current configuration.

This grub theme should then be utilized on reboot.

Plymouth theme:

The zorin OS 15 Plymouth theme can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/~zorinos/+archive/ubuntu/stable/+files/plymouth-theme-zorin_2.0_all.deb
Save to downloads and Double Click to run the installer.
In terminal, run

sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth

You will see a menu with numbers for your choices on the left and the path to the theme mid. Status is on the right.
Choose the Number that corrosponds to the theme you want. zorin-logo.plymouth
Since you probably have the Current Zorin OS 16 theme installed and chosen, you may have two options that say zorin-logo so choose the one without the asterisk next to the number. The asterisk is next to the current theme being used.
Once you have chosen and hit enter, it will run - Next run this in terminal:

sudo update-initramfs -u

Zorin OS 15 Plymouth should be displayed on reboot.
If any trouble, re-trace your steps.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

When I run the deb(grub) file it says i alr installed it

You may need to elevate to root inyour file manager, then navigate to /usr/share/grub/themes and move or rename the existing ZorinGrub Theme. I bet they have the same name.

If that fails- just extract the .deb in your downloads, then extract the DATA file within. This will give a /usr/share/grub/themes path with the last directory being /zorin/(Theme contents)
Grab that zorin directory and in Root Elevated File manager, replace the existing Zorin directory in the root level /usr/share/grub/themes directory.

Ok I think it worked, I also realized the only difference in the Zorin 15 grub theme and Zorin 16 grub themes is the background image, im not rly sure tho.

LOL I never noticed a difference, myself...
You can also add a custom background image to grub with the sudo nano /etc/default/grub if you (or any other reader) are so inclined:

Mine looks like: GRUB_BACKGROUND="/usr/share/backgrounds/loginbd2.jpg"

Plymoyth theme didn't work, i also cant look at which one because they don't show up in fil manager. And grubs resolution still broken. I think why it doesn't work is because it has the same name

Grub resolution is not determined by the theme being used.
A grub parameter may change the grub resolution:

I am not following you here. Plymouth themes are located in /usr/share/plymouth/themes and they are not hidden files.

Is the plymouth theme u sent me supposed to look like a zorin os logo in the centre? I can't send image cuz too big

1 Like

Yes, the Zorin 15 Plymouth splash screen is the Zorin Printed name, Centered in the screen.

Ops then i have the wrong one

I have two and one is a zorin os logo without text in the midle of the scren

The Zorin 16 logo os the "Z" in the Hexagon outline mid bottom of the screen. Some users report that in the middle of the screen is the Manufacturers logo (I never had that).
Then the Zorin Name in Text logo replaces the "Z" logo mid bottom.

No matter what i do i think grub resolution is just broken

I killed myself all my zorin os 16 stuff is gone plymouth

I fricked myself oof, welp redownload zorin os i guess