GUI programming - Alternative for Visual Studio

Hello, I have been writing programs and GUIs in Visual Studio in C# on Windows. Now I am looking for something like this for Zorin. I have seen that there is Mono or Eclipse.
What do you think are worthy alternatives for Visual Studio?
So I just want to write small programs that have a graphical user interface (GUI). C# I'm used to, but have no fear of contact with other languages.

2 Likes

Mono is an option as you have already mentioned.
Another famous one is the QT platform. The app is called QT creator. It's a very powerful platform.
Sharpdevelop is incredibly similar to Visual Studio and but it's development has been discontinued. You still can use the latest version.
There are a few more alternatives, but as far as I know, QT is the best one. It's lightweight, not-bloated, fast, robust, and feature packed.

1 Like

Vs code and idea (intellij) community are what I'm using, but i haven't been doing much gui.

Yet

I like idea's similarity too android studio to do graphical or by code... but i guess it's a matter of preference.

jetbrains rider

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.