❇ HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024 ❇

Happy New year all !!!

May the New Year bring you good health & happiness.

Wishing for peace throughout the world.

Love & peace to all...
Ocka
From Australia

14 Likes

While 2023 was a bit of a wild ride, I am grateful for the many knowledgeable people in this forum who never hesitate to kindly offer assistance.

A big thanks to everybody and all the best for 2024. :blush:

5 Likes

Happy New Year to all!

4 Likes

May this year be better than the year before.

8 Likes

Best wishes to all "Hic" :beers:

4 Likes

I wish all a Happy New Year! I hope everybody had a good start into the new Year.

5 Likes

Happy new year guys...

5 Likes

Happy New Year to Everyone.

May 2024 be a great, blessed year for you all...
And may Zorin 17 get the most 'Pro' downloads ever...

5 Likes

I wish you all the best in 2024, health, money, wonderful people on your way, and fulfillment of your dreams, both small and large.
Greetings from Norway

6 Likes

People get far too crazy for my liking on New Years. They get far too drunk, and drive while intoxicated, risking everybodies lives on the road. And then as if that level of selfishness and entitlement was not enough, my neighbors like to launch the really big firework mortars, the ones that shake the house when they go pop? Well, they scare the heck out of me, and scared my poor cat, to run under my bed for hours.

I don't mind if people want to celebrate the new years in general, free country afterall. But I would prefer if people would be considerate of other's, we don't need fireworks to celebrate the new year, and we don't need drunks driving on the road risking people's lives.

So for me, the new year has less of a positive feeling about it, then it does for other's. For me, its just another year, and people who like to drink in excess, and be inconsiderate at midnight. So yep, its 2024. It will be just another year of our countries people losing their minds, will the dividing line continues to grow wider among both voting parties.

And it will just be another year where my situation gets worse and worse, as my home continues to fall apart, and my bills getting worse and worse, risking making me homeless this year. So, I will see if this really ends up being a better year or not. But if you asked me, I think its just going to be a continuation of more of the same.

You know what I did on New Years? I stayed quiet, watched YouTube video's, and I never went out. So, I did not effect my neighbors lives, or other's lives, because I didn't drink alcohol, and I didn't launch fireworks. I am not a menace to society, reality, what a concept.

5 Likes

Sad to say but we have had the same problems here in the UK, folks just get so damn selfish at times!

2 Likes

Gday @StarTreker .

I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a challenging New Year's experience. It sounds like you're going through a tough time, and I can understand why the celebrations might not be something you enjoy. It's unfortunate that your neighbours fireworks had such an impact on your cat and your peace of mind.
I have to stand outside my birds aviary & try to calm them (as the precision/noise of the fireworks freaks them out) as the fool's let their fireworks off.

I hope things improve for you in the coming year, and if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out. Wishing you strength and better days ahead.

P.s. I haven't been to a new year celebrations for over 10yr's or so.
These days i haven't seen in the new year, as i'm normally in bed by 10.30.
Yes it maybe another year, but for some of us, it maybe a new start, as in a time mark to try & change/do thing's.
Best wishes.

3 Likes

Her dett er forbudt fireworks i Norway!
Bare litt skytte men dett er ogsa dyrt.

3 Likes

:rofl: Bourne had a good night :rofl:
:rofl: he forgot to translate :rofl:

Translated:
"Here fireworks are prohibited in Norway! Just a little shooting, but it's also expensive."

All the best Bourne :+1:

3 Likes

Wait, what language is this? Bourne is polish, and this does not seem like polish to me.
Have a great 2024 y'all!

2 Likes

This is a Scandinavian a language norsk (Norway).
If you know this language then propably you can also understable a Sweden language. They are similar.
In Norway they have two languages bokmal and nynorsk but in another district Norway a diffrent dialekt where both cannot be understable people together and talking in english language.
Here is example

3 Likes

Scandinavian languages are interesting, but I love Danish the most—you just need to put a hot potato in your mouth and continue talking as you would normally. :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think you'll like this show, Brooklyn99. In hindsight, I guess some people from this forum may not like it that much though... :eyes: Probably not the best start of the year but happy new year everyone, Danes included :smiley:

4 Likes

Actually, I see the humor in the joke. Much of British comedy is the same way, with absurdities, utter craziness, total BS, but absolutely hilarious. Fawlty Towers was my favorite British comedy, and Only Fools & Horses was my second favorite. I know that Cornation Street was quite popular, but I never could get into it honestly, not my kind of show.

I loved the screenshot you posted, seems like a funny show. OK, looks like during the composing of my message, you've now updated it with a video embed instead. Well, I will have a look at it after I submit this message.

2 Likes