Have there been any updates or upgrades today on Zorin?

I run sudo apt-get update and after that sudo apt-get upgrade but it says all my packages is up to date i am little bit worried have you any updates or upgrades on Zorin today?

I just ran sudo apt update to these results:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.

1 Like

I'm probably not representative of the average user, given that I've stripped out so much, but I get the same when looking in the Software application, when running the Software Updater application, and when running my Update-All bash script.

Thanks guys i am starting to cry you are so nice :smiling_face_with_tear:

I usually make people cry by being not nice.

2 Likes

This will change, as I just received notification of updates available. I understand why you ask, but depending on your location, you may be behind or ahead of others due to time zone and update release. This is not a guarantee that you don't have updates available but rather you may not have the software others do or you already installed OS updates that haven't made it to others.

I would trust the output of your terminal/updater software when you perform the check. It will notify you of anything new as it becomes available for you.

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: ...... there just to make you feel better .... :stuck_out_tongue: :grinning:

2 Likes

Harvey do you live in USA?

Yes I do. North West. Why?

1 Like

Hi John, whilst we have your attention, can you please edit your forum profile to indicate which edition (e.g. Pro, Core, Lite etc) of ZorinOS you have. Thanks.

Nice to meet you i live in Sweden!

FYI (For Your Information) ..... I've had 2 updates .... one yesterday and another one today ..... I will post them but this will be the last as you will not always have the same programs installed as I do and so you will not get some of these updates .....

Good luck with your updates .... I'm sure you will get some more .... :+1:

1 Like

I had updates for many libraries and zoom. This is dependent on software installed and the kernel version, so please take the terminals output as accurate.

2 Likes

The Antivirus update is ClamAV patch update that should address reported vulnerabilities as discussed here: ClamAV what's that article means? - #16 by zabadabadoo

(Note Z16/Ubuntu 20.04 probably has different updated version to the one I have on Z15)

1 Like

Is it a malicious program?

ClamAV is not a malicious program. It is a Antivirus program.

1 Like

I haven't installed it on my Machine?
I thought a linux distro didn't need a Antivirus program strange?

For the most part you are correct. As Linux gains popularity, and Microsoft's move to integrate the Linux kernel, I'm sure we'll see viruses that target Linux OSs. It would be prudent to look at antivirus software, possibly install it, before M$ finally integrates the kernel.

1 Like

Gosh can't Microsoft leave Linux alone Microsoft are not doing Linux or Zorin a favor?

1 Like

See this for info: Antivirus software

1 Like