Having trouble setting up my outlook.com email in evolution

Hello Zorin community,
I have been struggling to set up my outlook.com email in the evolution client. I installed the evolution-ews package on the command line and followed suggestions every here and there from the internet, but nothing seemed to work for the problem I'm having.

In the receiving email options (since I unchecked the box on the identity page), I set the settings to this:

When I then click Fetch URL, the enter password prompt box pops up, so I enter my password and it goes away, but then it comes back again, and again, and again, and never fetches the OAB URL. If I try to skip this step, the same thing happens when I try to authenticate the account after account creation and never populates with my emails.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

It's possible your Outlook.com email is configured for dual factor authentification using their own Authenticator app. Do you have the authenticator app for Microsoft? It's a free app. I use it all the time and it works well. It is useful for other services offering 2-factor-authentification. Good luck.

EDIT: I use Outlook's webmail service which works better in my opninion than any client based email program. I have used Mint's Web Apps program to create a wrapper for Outlook.com - the benefit is quick access to your email, less use of the SSD, less used storage for emails, and a native look for Outlook.com email. I even use the webmail for Outlook on Windows 11. FYI.

Does this article help?:

I also found an old article about issues with the address:

When i was working from home I was having to connect to Outlook365 and I had to use a VM of Windows 8.1 Pro to access Outlook365 on the School Server. The settings were greyed out but I only had to left-click to get the reveal for all the settings!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.