Having Trouble While Installing The OS

Good morning friends, I am having a problem friends installing Zorin OS on my PC. Yesterday when I try to install the software, there was some kind of issues. There was showing the application does not respond. I have no idea what could be the issue. Does anyone have any idea about how can I able to fix it? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Have you looked in the tutorials and guides section? [HOW TO] Partition & Install Zorin 16

We would need more specific information to assist you.

Gday @VonRueden Firstly Welcome to the community,
First, can you tell us what is the computer & ram size, cpu, hdd or ssd 32/64bit & how old is the computer?
2. How are you trying to set up the computer, Installing with dual boot? ( if so what other OS will be involved, window or mac)? Or clean install
3. What & how did you create the installation disk or usb?

This is always worth a look if you are new to ZorinOS or Linux: Before you install

Do make sure you test the SHA256 checksum of your downloaded .iso file matches the SHA256 published on Zorin website.

1 Like

Now let’s turn this and let’s say i have posted this question, would this make any sense to you ? Without any good info at all ? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

OS - Windows 10 64bit
RAM- 8GB
SSD 64bit

I have been using the PC since 2 years. My PC's condition is fine. There is no longer any issues. I guess there might be some technical problem in my PC. Anyway lets see.

What error are you receiving? What does it do or not do? Is your issue with the iso and burning it on the drive or with accessing it? Is your issue with the live image and trying Zorin? Is your issue with the installer and where?

If you want assistance we need more info.

I really don't understand what could be the issue, but after searching online, I found this article and I dont know whether this article might be helpful or not. Do you please suggest something?

This is a windows application error.... I'm not sure what your issue is because you have yet to detail it. The error page is generic and can cover many types of applications. So again, detail your issue.

The easiest solution would be to take a photo of the error message you are receiving. Firstly you need to create some space on your SSD if you are intending to dual boot. You also need to turn off fast boot in the computer's BIOS, and also turn off hard disk sleep state in advanced Power Settings within Windows itself. Like zabadabadoo stated, did you check the SHA256 checksum after downloading the .iso?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.