Help me! update error

hello can someone help me urgently? i want to update to zorin 16 and i also want to keep myself safe of course, i am a child, and as i have important things on my computer i always have to keep updating my system and i also really want the new zorin 16 customization, i have been waiting for a year now an update like zorin 16, but when I try to update my system, which is full of pending updates, it gives an internet error, I'll send an image to see if there's a way to solve it. please.

I understand that maybe they don't understand because I'm Brazilian, maybe not, but I'll explain, in the first photo (last to first) it says it's installing, in the last one it says there's an internet error, but I can access all sites and games .

2 Likes

FocaDaMadru, please clarify first:
Which version of Zorin OS are you running?

Zorin OS 16? OR Zorin OS 15.3?

1 Like

Judging from the layout, it looks exactly like my Zorin 16 Pro.
Or is it Core with Plank?

1 Like

In his profile it says core

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I overlooked it. So like I said in another thread, it is easy to make Core look like Pro.

Can you tell us how you upgraded your system?
As far as I know there is no official upgrade path from 15,3 to 16 at the moment.

I can't read that language, but the error might be the same one I was getting yesterday. You know how I solved it? Computer restart. Thats right, I restarted my computer, and it fixed the issue, and I was able to receive updates again. So try a simple restart, see if that fixes it.

Can I just say, I love your background too, its positively, stellarnarious!

2 Likes

sorry the time, is zorin 15 core with plank

1 Like

Thanks friend, but restarting unfortunately doesn't solve it, I tried it 3 times, it's zorin 15 core, I don't have money to pay for the pro so I customized it as I wanted, I just wanted to solve it and go to zorin 16, then yes I was going to take several extensions that already has in zorin 16.

1 Like

I am not so sure if you are aware, but there is a new Zorin 16 Core released. It has much improvement over the Zorin 15, and we saw several issues have been solved by upgrading to Zorin 16.

I just wondered if it is more efficient for you to install Zorin 16 instead of fixing the current Zorin 15 installation.

1 Like

Zorin Os 15.3 COre

Well friend, I wanted to upgrade to zorin 16 that solves a lot of my problems, but I can't because of this error

1 Like

So maybe he is on Z15.3 Core. He has hexagonal Z top left in the bar.

1 Like

Yes i use Z15.3 Core

1 Like

It sounds like you followed the unofficial (and wrong) instruction for a direct upgrade. We already saw several people on this forum having the exact the same problem and I am sorry to say this, but the only way to fix was the clean install in each case.

There is NO upgrade path from Zorin 15,3 to 16 at the moment (It is supposed to come later this year).

2 Likes

OK, but how do I update my system? it's full of updates like python and even apt update doesn't work on the console.

1 Like

Currently the only way to obtain Zorin 16 is clean install.
There is no upgrade method.

1 Like

Would this clean install reset my system and install again?

Also my computer is full of pending updates for more than 1 week without updating, (that would be updates of my applications and python and libraries etc) and I can't even through apt update, at least there's a way to solve it?

@FocaDaMadru @FrenchPress has already alerted to currently unavailable "Direct Upgrade" path in her post #6 above. Help me! update error - #6 by FrenchPress

2 Likes