Help regarding installing ZorinOS Bluetooth drivers on Debian

Hey there. Just installed DebianXFCE, but unable to connect to internet. It shows device not ready(firmware missing)

ZorinOS and Ubuntu both detect networks well. Most distributions do, even vanilla arch. But I think that due to Debian's strictly open-source policy, some device firmware isn't installed. Although I was prompted at installation despite using firmware iso, I installed the system via USB tethering. But, can anyone help me with this issue?

So sorry everyone, I don't know how to delete the post but just minutes after posting this, I was finally able to solve this issue :sweat_smile:. Anyways, you could help me with the Bluetooth part since, the Bluetooth isn't working, but it used to work on ZorinOS.
Sorry again and Thanks in advance :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ok. So it would be better to change the Title of this Post. Change it to Bluetooth not working.

1 Like

Is Bluetooth in-built in your motherboard or you are using some kind of adapter? And is Bluetooth adapter visible to your computer?
Valiant Boy

1 Like

As this is a forum for Zorin OS it might be better if you asked on Debian forum?
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Bluetooth is built in

Would've asked on Debian Forum. But since ZorinOS is one of my favourite distributions, and pretty much all of my hardware works out of the box in it, I thought why not to ask in this forum.

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

1 Like

The .gif war is busting me up.
:rofl:

@Surya0705

sudo lshw -c network

1 Like
  *-network                 
       description: Wireless interface
       product: BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n
       vendor: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:12:00.0
       logical name: wlp18s0b1
       version: 01
       serial: c4:46:19:60:0b:88
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=brcmsmac driverversion=5.10.0-15-amd64 firmware=610.812 ip=192.168.218.22 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
       resources: irq:17 memory:fbb00000-fbb03fff
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:13:00.0
       logical name: enp19s0
       version: 03
       serial: a4:ba:db:d7:46:b4
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list rom ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=5.10.0-15-amd64 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
       resources: irq:18 ioport:e000(size=256) memory:d0b04000-d0b04fff memory:d0b00000-d0b03fff memory:fba00000-fba1ffff

Have you installed the broadcom bluetooth firmware?
Link includes .deb file:

1 Like

Will try it and update soon

I tried but to no avail

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.