Help - Remove mint dual boot and keep zorin after fixing grub

Hi

So a bit of a back story, I decided to attempt to fix an acpi error (mistake 1) by reinstalling grub (mistake 2). I used the boot repair app from Ubuntu (mistake 3) and it didn’t manage to reinstall grub after removing it.

I was stuck with an unbootable partition of zorin so I used my live Linux mint usb to try to fix things.

At this point, I gave up on fixing grub and I prepared to back up my files, wipe my ssd and install mint. Then it occured to me to dual boot mint with zorin. I chose the option and voila! I can now boot both zorin and mint.

The question:
After I got Zorin to work again, can I remove mint and allocate that space to my zorin installation? (Preferably without messing up grub again). What’s booting my system right now is Mint’s grub as it shows as the first option.

Thanks!

To do this, you would need to reinstall Grub on Zorin OS. Removing Mint would remove Mints grub.

Grub-install returns "cannot find efi directory"

In your BIOS Settings, are you set to EFI or to Legacy?

If it is set to EFI, is your EFI partition unmounted?

mount | grep /boot/efi

BIOS is set to EFI. my boot partition is also mounted.
This is what shows up in Gparted

1 Like

Can you please try:

sudo -i

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot/efi

grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot --bootloader-id=zorin --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/mnt/boot/efi

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.