Help software store and software updater gone

i mistakenly delete some zorin packages through terminal and software store and updater is gone (probably there is more) how can i install software updater and software store ?
this is my terminal when I install gnome-store

i cant install any software at all i think i did a fatal thing

I'm afraid your going have to probably re-install the OS. Others on here have discovered the blite of going a bit delete happy. Heck, its even happened to me when I was younger. Re-install the OS and you should be good to go.

gosh that means my third install :disappointed_relieved:

Try running these commands first. If this doesn't work, you will have to re-install the OS.

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop

sudo apt-get install -f

sudo dpkg --configure -a

1 Like

ah okay managed to fix it by trying apt-get update multiple times, I think the server I am using is down so I change it to the main server now

Ohhhhhh, it should always be set to MAIN SERVER whenever you are having issues updating just in general, its actually recommended.

I really thought you were going to have to re-install the OS, cause many have to do that once they have toasted their Software Center, or their Gnome Deskops.

Sounds like your up and running again, thats awesome!

actually i am running this command without knowing that i will erase some important zorin packages sudo apt remove curl git libcurl4-openssl-dev make zlib1g-dev gawk g++ gcc libreadline6-dev libssl-dev libyaml-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 autoconf libgdbm-dev libncurses5-dev automake libtool bison pkg-config ruby ruby-bundler ruby-dev i remove that package because i was installing it once from internet i don't want my system to be cluttered with unimportant package, and now i have to install it again and install some packages that i have lost

I would not ever consider any of these clutter.

1 Like

sorry for that newcomer here I don't really know what those packages do so I just remove what I installed from the internet when I don't need it, but I already install it back I think the system now is fine do you have anything for me to do before it has further problems ?

You may have run a command install on those, but several of those were included with Zorin OS.
I have had to reinstall Zorin many times due to me poking around and doing such things- this is how you learn.:wink:

But some thoughts to consider...
Many lib files are only in the kb range in size and...
Considering the thousands of different files you have that you do not know what they do (just as true for me), it becomes very difficult to define what qualifies as "clutter"...
It is not worth stressing over.

You can use Deborphan to locate useless leftover package files.

1 Like

ah thanks man, i will be more careful next time and not stressing enough about those packages, yeah we learn by mistakes :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.