Hook cell phone to computer

What is GUFW ..... and will I have to put anything on my cell phone or will it just hook-up like a USB device or WIFI ???? ....

Open your app menu and type in GUFW. It should show as Firewall Configuration.
UFW is Uncomplicated Firewall. G UFW = Graphical Uncomplicated Firewall.
Once opened, you can click Rules then the (+) button to Add a new rule.
Click the Advanced tab.
Name= KDE-connect
Policy= Allow
Direction= In
Protocol=Both
From=1714
To:=1764
Click add.
Finished.

OR you can do all of the above in terminal quickly with:

sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp

sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp

sudo ufw reload

1 Like

I'am sure liking this here terminal thingy better and better each day .... I'll vote for the terminal route ... thank you sir ....

Sure glad I have a thumb drive plugged in as I can just copy and past these different helps and load them on the td and wala I can open in XFCE and try them out .... ain't computers grand ... LOL

1 Like

Searched / found this guide that may help you on the road:
https://userbase.kde.org/KDEConnect

1 Like

OK guess I'am well armed for today's battle thanks for everyone's help and suggestions ... so I'm going in ....

1 Like

I got this when I tried to install KDE Connect ....

mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ sudo apt install kde-connect
[sudo] password for mike:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package kde-connect
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

My apologies...

sudo apt install kdeconnect

OK that worked well however when I ran the other 3 commands the first two were OK but the last one "sudo ufw" gave this message "Firewall not Installed" and didn't install ... if it is looking for a firewall on my computer it won't find one .... I use a mechanical firewall not a software one ... Win firewall is disconnected .... will KDE Connect work anyway ????

UFW / GUFW come preinstalled on Zorin OS.

1 Like

When I click on the firewall I get not installed .... anyway no big deal as I am able to connect to my phone and it shows as a USB device .... so that problem is solved thanks Aravisian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.