Hop from Ubuntu original to Zorin. Love it so much. Just a small question

New year new distro guys. I was thinking about hop from Ubuntu to other Distro.
When i lookup on Distrowatch. i see this Distro information show up and totally fall in love with it. LTS (supported to 2025). Really cool distro
I'm curious, will next Zorin OS will based on 22.04 (LTS) too ? (released on April iirc). I'm prefer LTS one

1 Like

There is a very high chance that the next Zorin OS 17 will be based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. But don't expect it to arrive very soon. I would guess it to be released towards the end of this year or probably in 2023.

1 Like

Since OS 16 was just released in August of 2021, and OS 16 LITE was released in December 2021. With work on the UPGRADE feature underway, chances are OS 17 won't be coming out for possibly a year and a half.

And since the beautiful 5.13 kernel just got released yesterday for OS 16, Zoom Zorin OS is good too go for quite awhile. So sit back, enjoy the ride. :steam_locomotive:

1 Like

A shame they did not use the 5.15 kernel as it has alot of fixes for amd users. I really don't understand why they did not use that one as that one is also LTS.

Yes you right, i just enjoy the OS much. I just also..lazy to reinstall everything from scratch haha

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.