How can I get free VPN service for the VPN option in my WiFi menu?

I found this option under WiFi that says VPN connections. Is there a way I can connect to a free VPN server that actually works!

2 Likes

I use PPTP free servers on vpnbook.com for that option.

5 Likes

I Tried them but, a Dialogue box was asking for username and password.

2 Likes

You will find those in the PPTP column of the website at the bottom of the servers. Username remains the same but the Password changes in a week or two and is the same for all the servers.

5 Likes

Why would you possibly use a free vpn?

They are notorious for tracking and monitoring you, possibly putting malware on your system, and overall slow.

1 Like

Why trust any VPN? Your putting your trust in 3rd Party anyway. Just use TOR browser.

Tor is way slower, and I wanted those server's just to create and emergency and fast VPN connection which is available in my taskbar, So that I can access foreign Content.

2 Likes

Good things come to those that wait! :wink:

try use protonvpn

3 Likes

no can do, It is too heavy for my system also I need to install so many additional packages and uninstalling it is very difficult.

1 Like

Why are you installing anything? Just use what is already there in the system and it works just fine. Settings - Network... create a VPN profile, upload your file, enter your username/password... Done. All this nonsense of installing all these vpn's apps on your device is not needed in the first place, the system already does it natively. Nothing to install, nothing to uninstall, no heaviness at all.

Why are people reporting this post? Seriously, if you don't like he/she posted this, move on.. That isn't what the reporting is for.

1 Like

That's what I asked help for and surely got an answer :smiley:

Then, why are people suggesting the same thing two times?

I don't know, but I ignored it... Is it really that big of deal? No... I guess for the same reason people insist on installing vpn apps even though their system handles it natively. Why? I don't know why just like I don't know why they posted use Proton twice.

But you did ask for a free service and you can get it for free...

1 Like

any problem with me? I give advice.

try using protonvpn

It is not bad advice and no problems. But there was a Duplicate Post:

Was posted twice; the duplicate was removed.

1 Like

I do not respond double. I just gave advice once yesterday.

I think it is due to it being on separate days:

1 Like

ok i see. thanks you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.