How can I install the Intel microcode?

No, just the problem when booting the system

OK, I see it now. My bad :sweat_smile:
I got a bit confused.
I only saw GPU-Z part he posted.
Might be a time for me to change my prescription glasses :face_with_monocle:

But everything is OK after booting, no?

I wouldn't consider the flickering screen to be a severe problem as long as it happens only during the splash screen and there are no other screen problems....The "period key" problem is a bit more concerning.....

2 Likes

I suspect a hardware issue, if not a BIOS issue.
If the laptop is no longer in warranty and @Jesusito does not mind to open it, checking the internal cable connection might help.

It can't be a hardware issue either, @Jesusito mentioned in a previous topic that they tried other non-Ubuntu distros and Windows but they did not encounter the problem there. See here....

Right, I forgot that.
Then the BIOS/firmware issue is the only thing I can think of.
I remembered that I had to flash the firmware of my Logitech Trackpad (in Windows!) before I could enable its tap to click function in Linux. Since that experience, I always have one bare metal Windows for a firmware update purpose.

Other than that - I have absolutely no idea.
I've never seen such thing in my system integration experience which spans for 2 decades and half.

1 Like

@Jesusito

I think your best course of action is using a distro like MXLinux which does not give you this keyboard problem.

We are completely out of idea how to solve this issue in Zorin.
Considering you have been struggling with this laptop since April last year, I think it is a time to move on to other workable solution.

[edit]
I selected @Winged1's posting as an answer to the original question.

All Linux distributions that I have tried, including MX Linux, have this keyboard and graphics problem.

And in Windows?

No I never had these errors, also not on other laptops where I install Zorin

The only suggestion I can make is that you use this machine as a Windows machine and install light weight Linux such as MXLinux as a virtual machine. That seems to be the only way to install Linux on it.

2 Likes

I think I will look for a solution for a while longer, if I can't do it, I think I will throw the laptop in the trash. :laughing:

c1
Here is Intel

1 Like

Yup I saw that.
But you still do not need any Microcode.
It already comes with update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have integrated graphic card here.

from reddit

After I saw so many people having a problem, I will avoid integrated GPU for my next build as well. My 2 desktops are relatively problem free since their CPU is just a CPU and no graphics in it.

Since this Microcode issue is solved, please create a new thread where you can ask another question.

2 Likes

@Jesusito

Please do not change :ballot_box_with_check: solution box.
I selected @Winged1's answer since it the the correct answer to you initial question "How can I install the Intel microcode".

And do not forget to start a new thread for your other problems.

I will close this thread so that you do not accidentally add more comments.