How did I delete the entire settings-daemon folder in GUI deconf?

I was trying to follow the directions here to fix my media keys.

I thought that all I did was change the values of some fields with innocent names like "brightness-up-static" to '', and hit the "Apply" button. Yet it seems like every folder I looked in is now gone, up through the level of /org/gnome/settings-daemon/.

I'm guessing that reinstalling the OS is the only recourse, but would someone please clue me in on what I could have done wrong? So I don't accidentally do it again?

-Aidan

The answer I was referring to was the one by "darkdude", currently with 40 upvotes.

1 Like

I did think to check the trash, and, unfortunately, they're not there. Even if I remembered the files I touched, the issue is that higher levels of folders were also deleted, so things I never saw, which might have been important, also got deleted.

If anyone would share their dconf files (and maybe a hint as to where to put them?), I'd appreciate it.

If you used Dconf-Editor to make the changes, it still has the default values... just go back through Dconf-Editor and set the values to "Use Default Value".

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.