How do I access OneDrive in Zorin 16?

I'm trying out the Zorin 16 beta. At startup it offered to integrate with online accounts and I entered my Microsoft account details, but I don't see any way of accessing my files on OneDrive. Should the files appear in the file manager somewhere?

(I have integration for "Mail" and "Documents" switched on, and my e-mail is appearing in Evolution so I think I have the integration enabled correctly)

I don't think there is an official way to do this by microsoft. I use insync, which is a one-time paid way to do this.

As far as I know there is no official way to sync your files onto your os. So you can either use the Onedrive webapp which is pretty good (enough) and or you can use a third party integration software to sync your files. But I do not recommend it.
What I do recommend is MEGA. It is a very very good alternative to Onedrive. Mega is privacy respecting and all of your files are encrypted, native sync between all your devices, and you'll also get 50gb of space for free.

1 Like

From what I've seen they have attempted to integrate online accounts with nautilus. So if it's available for file manager access, you will see the link in your network category. That is how I'm accessing Google drive instead of using another third party app. Try opening nautilus, or whichever file manager you have installed, and take a look in the navigation tree.

Thank you for your replies. I have since tried connecting to my Google account and the files on my Google drive do appear in the file manager. I can also see that there are a lot more options in the "Online Accounts" settings for Google, including "Files" - see the two screenshots attached:

So if "Files" is the option that allows me to see the files on the Google account in the file manager, what is "Documents" about?

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue, have you found any solution?

Documents under Google and Microsoft accounts allow you to see your documents in those online storages. Permissions are required to open and read/ edit those files. In Google you also need the permissions to access pictures, calendar and contacts. All of this is to help foster a secure experience with those services.

If you're using gnome, go to settings, accounts and add yours. You'll be able to access Google drive from nautilus. If you're in xfce, you could try one of these alternative apps:

I use OCamlFUSE and have the drive mounted on boot, which means it contacts Google drive within a few seconds of logging in. This does not show errors if you aren't connected to the web unless you access that folder under network in the bookmark tree.

1 Like

But we are talking about OneDrive integration and that is what is not working.

2 Likes
1 Like

Marked solution. 31

Hi, today OneDrive integration is still not working. I set "Online account" with a Google account and a OneDrive account; Google folder is mounted and visible in the left bar of the app File; OneDrive folder isn't.
It's been a long time since the first post...

1 Like

Sam here. I almost never use my ONEDRIVE even in Windows, but I expected the gnome accounts feature to work the same way as googledrive.