How do I customize the Zorin Menu? (and why are the Dash Settings greyed out?)

I have Zorin OS and I found an option to pick what applications I want shown in the Zorin Menu, (by accident) but I cannot find it again.

I looked at other topics in this forum and from what I can see, Dash Settings is a way to customize the Zorin Menu. EDIT: Dash is another launcher, not what I wanted, sorry

Below, it is greyed out.

Maybe the Extension is not installed,
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1967/zorin-dash/

Also, If you want it only for Customization. Definitely Try

1 Like

Maybe I was wrong. It is now enabled, but that isn't what I wanted though. What about being able to select what applications are shown in the Zorin Menu?

1 Like

zorin appearance < desktop

1 Like

All I get is the option to choose what icons appear on the desktop, not on the Zorin Start Menu.

1 Like

Sorry, but what I mean that there was a way to check/uncheck applications to be shown (or not) in my 'Windows 7' style start menu on Zorin. (That is the appearance I have set) I maybe messed around with something I didn't understand.

1 Like

Nope no way to make it as simple as check/uncheck :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As I said before, I could select what I wanted to be shown. Like here, I removed some applications shown in my "Start Menu" before. I removed things like Education and stuff like that

1 Like

So.......? Everything Fine?

1 Like

Not quite. I don't remember how I hid those folders/applications. I have no clue how to either unhide them or hide some more. That is what I need help with.

1 Like

Bro, I Can't Scan your brain memory :joy: JK
Check your browser history

1 Like

It wasn't an application, I remember before I even started this topic, RIGHT after I installed Zorin, I just found that option to hide or personalize my 'start menu'. If you can't figure out what I mean, I guess I am just going to figure it out the hard way.

1 Like

Browser History the Article you Used as Reference??

1 Like

?? All I wanna do is to figure out what the heck I did to hide those applications from that menu. I MIGHT JUST REINSTALL IT JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT I DID!

1 Like

Let's just don't mess it up further. There are a lot of ways to do (what you mentioned). They are not needed Currently right?
If they were need ever again just use Alt + F2

1 Like

I am sooooo sorry, I booted a VM off a live ISO, and I figured it out, it was called "Main Menu". I am sorry I worded it like "start menu".

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.