How do I install the full suite of Zorin 16 Pro applications if I have installed the system by selecting the minimal packages option?

How do I install the full suite of Zorin 16 Pro applications if I have installed the system by selecting the minimal packages option?

Boot into live session prehaps and see what is installed in there ?

First Welcome to the forum!

If you have Zorin 16 Pro you have Zorin Installation Support service which lets you get technical support for one computer as part of your purchase. Use that avenue to help you in obtaining those applications.

Curious, why did you not install any applications provided for at install. That is the big reward that many are attracted to.

2 Likes

This is so far the most rational advice I have received. However, I was wondering if there is an easy "official" way to add additional packages with one or two clicks after I quit installing them during system installation. Thank you very much for this tip @Bubby.

Of course, this is one of many possible solutions.

After some brief poking around, I've come to a solution.
Using sudo apt install deepl-linux I am able to search for packages and check their status (installed in the system). Looks like a fair solution.

1 Like

I pasted the wrong line of code. I meant sudo apt search zorin-os-pro :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for this discovery :slight_smile:
I did not know this command.

I got this in response.:

zorin-os-pro/focal,focal,now 1.0 all [インストール済み]
Zorin OS Pro software

zorin-os-pro-creative-suite/focal,focal,now 1.3.1 all [インストール済み、自動]
Creative suite included in Zorin OS Pro

zorin-os-pro-lite/focal,focal 1.0 all
Zorin OS Pro Lite software

zorin-os-pro-productivity-apps/focal,focal,now 1.3 all [インストール済み、自動]
Productivity apps included in Zorin OS Pro

zorin-os-pro-wallpapers/focal,focal,now 16.0.2 all [インストール済み、自動]
Additional wallpapers for Zorin OS Pro

zorin-os-pro-wallpapers-16/focal,focal,now 16.0.2 all [インストール済み、自動]
Additional wallpapers for Zorin OS 16 Pro

As you can see, I have everything installed .

2 Likes

If core users use this they get everything too ?

They will not, since they do not have access to that repository.

3 Likes

And if they add that ?

That is easier said then done, but at this point, I am not going to continue addressing curiosity questions that may ultimately reveal just how to do it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.