How do you justify selling such an unstable OS?

Here's all the errors and annoying stuff I've encountered

• Password input on main menu looks like a loading bar
  • Text above password input is not necessary and makes UI look bad
  • The sound panel is an absolute mess
  • There's 2 appearance menu, Appearance and Zorin Appearance, why, fusion the two
  • Impossible to make the microphone in use display disappear with right click, no quick options available
  • Keyboard is not properly detected, I put French Canada (French Canada) like on windows, yet keyboard isn't fully working by default (all ctrl+alt key combos not working)
  • Task Manager must be accessible via right click task bar
  • Some themes options have black icons on black taskbar, making them invisible unless hovered
  • Dragging a window might not follow the cursor if the OS starts lagging due to installation
  • Whole OS lag when running a .run command, probably uses 100% CPU until throttle
  • No progress display on .run files except a small loading progress bar, no console display to see progress, also progress bar lag (See previous issue)
  • Window snap misplace windows randomly
  • Resizing on some panels is only 2px in width (ex audio panel)
  • "Software Updater" & "Software & update" aren't properly labeled, Should be more like Check for Software Update & Software Settings
  • Software Updater icon is a refresh symbol even at the end menu where it says All software are up to date, maybe change that for a check
  • Right click release isn't disabled for context menus buttons, making you click some context menu items just by making it appear and releasing right click
  • Login Main menu is forced to ~720p for some reason, makes the Zorin logo look bad
  • Whole OS froze then crashed after finishing creating a bootable usb drive

I've never been so disappointed in my life, lost 6 hours of my life messing with all this

1 Like

Yes, how dare they. The B@st@rds!

But more seriously, I disagree. I like what Zorin are doing. I would never expect it, and Linux in general, to be perfect. In any case, "the charge" is effectively a donation.

5 Likes

Ooooooo, I'm so scared of the angry emperor who is mad because he didn't get enough skiddles to eat on his space ship adventure. How dare they install a defective hyper drive on your super star destroyer.

Did they get the hyper drive from the Millennium Falcon Possibly, as it was known to be problematic. Maybe you can get one of those red helmet guys with their fancy staffs to install a motivator, that auda fix it.

How dare they fail you! Life must be so PC for you.
Startreker

3 Likes

You didn't try Core out prior to purchasing the product, shame on you . . . I like Zorin and it works on my computers well . . .

6 Likes

A quick reminder:
Critical feedback is still helpful feedback.

@Auracle , you took your time to examine everything carefully and note down and report all the quirks you believe need to be addressed. I cannot stress how important reporting issues is.

Being made aware of something, like dark icons over a dark background, is the first step toward fixing them. Personally, I prefer to put a background on each icon when I make an icon set, to ensure it is visible across a wide variety of system backgrounds. I also do not like the Flat Icon appearance and prefer more depth.
There are many icon sets available that users can download and suit their tastes.
Some of these are pretty serious, for example: Keyboard Language not fully detected.
Others could just be a setting or UI quirk we could examine in a Help Thread if you wish to start a thread on a topic.

5 Likes

@Auracle I'm running Zorin 16 and it works well for me, The only way I figure to have one that does everything I want and look like I want is to build my own OS. But if you rely on others, you will find things you dislike and at least with Zorin you have the ability to adjust and make changes. :wink: Oh and by the way "WELCOME"

6 Likes

Did you migrate from Windows?

4 Likes

I can attest that the same problem does happens in Windows.

I use USA keyboard in Japanese environment and a few times I had to open registry to change some values to force Windows to recognise the real language of the keyboard.

4 Likes

Just in case you are not aware of this:
If you are not happy with Zorin Pro, you can ask for refund by replying the email you have received when you made a purchase.

You might have to wait for a while since the Zorin group is consisted of only 2 people and they are currently inundated by the upcoming release of Zorin 16 Lite. But They will reply you eventually.

As @KuiperZone has already explained to you, Pro version is meant to be a donation for the developers. The function of Pro version is essentially the same as a free Core version.

4 Likes

I don't understand people who not testing a distribution and then writing what is broken or what could be fixed. You have many other distributions to test or choice. I appreciate for your list what could be a fixed but for me this is some "small things".What is your daily driver distribution?

1 Like

Bourne, have a look at the OP's user card. See it says LITE. Now, re-read the OP's post, where they said they paid for PRO. Think about that a little bit. Hmmmm, interesting..... As they say in the south, that dog just don't hunt!

1 Like

The O.P. never said he bought Pro.

1 Like

Ok but I wrote something he bought a Pro?

The O.P. did not say that he bought Pro, he expressed indignation over that Pro is available for sale, at all. It is not unusual for people to question the Sale of Something, whether they actually bought it or not.

1 Like

Well he is talking about selling an OS now isn't he? His post has been edited 3-times, there is no way of bringing back the original to check and confirm. But right now he's talking about how dare the Zorins sell an unstable OS, so in this case, key word is "SELL"

The OP created a huge wave of negativity with their post. Like the Maravingian in The Matrix says.

Cause & Effect

1 Like

You made me spray coffee on my monitor :rofl:

4 Likes

The funnier part is- you Can access Task Manager from the panel in Zorin OS Lite, easily. You can access various aspects of sysmon, as well.

3 Likes

Well I also gived a chance a people what they want example "right click task bar". This is very interesting. I know I have a problem with a language English. Well Zorin is diffrent and don't copy some ideas.

3 Likes

It is like I complain English grammar does not follow Japanese grammar or you complain it does not follow that of Polish :wink:

2 Likes

Can you do that in GNOME desktop?

2 Likes