How do you justify selling such an unstable OS?

Thanks for those links @Bourne!

I used to frequent OMG Ubuntu but since I became a forum moderator, I do not have much time to read it :sweat_smile:

I was not aware there are so many other alternative launchers I could use in Linux. It is really an eye opening!

1 Like

That is good when we finding new things app and software that means linux still evolution and people doing great jobb.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSan2iOeoYQ
This link is about

So the linux is open source but movie about linux are private. Interesting

If the Ulauncher is that good, maybe it could be incorporated into Zorin OS for PRO/Core/Education? I know that with XFCE, Zorin could use Whisker Menu, which from my memory, was a pretty darn good launcher.

4 Likes

I swapped Zorin menu with Whiskers menu when I was running Zorin Lite on my netbook (now running Linux Lite). I did that because mouse icon :mouse: was much cuter than Zorin logo. I did not think much about functionality :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We can create some topic what we doing some implementation to better understand Zorin OS. I mean some describe link with software and photos. I mean about our experience. I know @337harvey have created somewhere this topic if i am not wrong Top X+1 things to do after installing Zorin OS 16 - #41 by pazoff

2 Likes

Tutorials and guides category. There is a lot there.

5 Likes

How do you justify selling such an unstable OS?

I disagree with this statement. Anyone can sell anything they want. Whether you would want purchase it or not is up to the individual.

It's unfortunate that you had such a bad experience, but the good news is there are plenty of other Linux OS's out there for you to try. And free. You can even build your own. And if you do, please post a link on here so we can take a look at the first perfect OS that everyone will love.

9 Likes

When I first use Linux at Mint, I first remind myself "there's no task manager here but for sure there are ways in terminal to check about ram usage and cpu."

5 Likes

It is how the healthy mind works.
Unfortunately, some people are not endowed with a healthy mind as we have just witnessed here.

3 Likes

Using XFCE? His/her experience, isn't my experience. If I have something that I found out, though it doesn't concern me and since I'm using version 15 and this might already fixed in 16 is that I don't have .theme folder in my home directory. I only have in root directory. Kinda unusual cause according to xfce website there should be. Anyway, I think this is just a minor one and since there is still .themes folder in the root, everything works fine in terms of installing themes also this will only be a concern for those who wants to tweak their themes. The other concern will be for those who will depend on software application for installing apps cause after fresh installation, I guess it is not Zorin OS problem alone cause I see a review on Ubuntu with the same problem, it takes time to load. I think this should be a concern if we are using this kind of app for ease of use and to make other non-linux user think that they can easily adapt to Linux.

2 Likes

Yes, tweakers like me. In Arnald fashion, I twiddle my fingers, and flip the toggles, I lika the tweaks...

Startreker

1 Like

This is normal. (I do not know why, either.)
It is not that ~/.themes is supposed to be there, but both ~/.icons and ~/.themes can be added by the user. I have never tried any distro (gtk) that had them there by default.

3 Likes

I can attest that one needs to make those folders manually in Mint Linux.

LOL. How hot here is that discussion.
I agree with @JeffK969 - he can choose any another distribution or feel free on his own choice https://distrotest.net/ . The @Auracle can wrote his experience and he can also try anything else. The point his not doing anything wrong. This is like you going to restaurant and order a pizza and your feeling is not taste a good. We have another experience because we are more friendly with Zorin because we exist here and using a distribution Zorin. I was on another forum distribution "Manjaro" and talking about another distribution was like a stalker. I appreciate @Auracle what he wrote. It good we can be respectfully. Nobody is perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks. Your reply confirms that me creating that .theme folder isn't a mistake. hahahaha

1 Like

Nope it wasn't a mistake creating the folder. As I've been told here before, the only mistake, is not believing in yourself. I struggle with that one at times. So ya, your doing great Rui! :blush:

6 Likes

Don't listen to people gatekeeping genuine criticism.

I think Zorin is better than most linux operating systems in these regards. Some of these have explanations or are induvidual to your case.

I think the most troubling issue right now is that linux OSes even if they are supposed to be similar to windows and mac are different and makes it kind of a drag to get into.

Like, there is no good reason that you should be wasting 6 hours installing and setting up Zorin. And I don't mean that's Zorin's fault, any linux user would have everything pretty much set up in less than an halfhour I feel, or at the most an hour depending on the internett.

But again, that's not really your fault either. It is the problem with a different operating system paradigm. The same would happen with Mac. And the fault may be our massive dependence on having one OS that everyone uses and then not being adaptive.

But I say, stick around. Get to know Linux, maybe jump to a lot of linux distros to see what options you have available.

Personally I feel Zorin OS is the best we have right now, and that in time it will only get better.

2 Likes

Curiously OP never showed up after posing this criticism/opinion/feedback and spent only 2 minutes on this site. Based on this observation, I could safely say that (s)he is not interested to read our replies.

3 Likes

But they were all too happy to use strong words in their post like, "HOW DARE YOU." The OP got their 15-minutes of fame. But I was the one who had the last laugh, as my post delivered it right back at his face.

The difference is, what I said was funny, what he said was not. He could have easily made his points across without sounding like a spoiled little rich boy. You get what you give in life. So, frankly, I am glad he's not around.

Because if that is the way he chooses to act all the time, we don't need his kind here. I just see him as another toxic user, like the bully in the school yard.

But to use a Star Trek term, my shields are up...

1 Like