How to adapt a program for windows to run in zorin

I have an off grid power system and there is a software program included that links my computer to the inverter so the unit can be monitored and adjusted I have tried to install this software onto my zorin OS but it won't load or run, the software is called Sp link and comes from selectronic Australia, I would appreciate any suggestions thanks

1 Like

How did you try to install it?
https://www.selectronic.com.au/sppro/splink.htm

SP LINK is not available for Apple, Linux or mobile phones.

1 Like
1 Like

Not all windows apps are supported in WINE. Some will not work at all. If it's absolutely necessary and there are no other Linux alternatives. You could always install a windows virtual machine and run it that way, if your system supports and can handle that.

1 Like

@foxxhunter @Anonymous7641 please do not make multiple accounts. This confuses the process of troubleshooting the issue at hand. By responding in the latter handle there is no way to determine that this was you who posted or someone joking around... it is also confusing that someone else would answer the question directed to you.

If you can't keep track of your posts under whatever handle, maybe you should stick with one account. There are very few reasons to have multiple accounts here and most of them would not be reputable.

2 Likes

Try Walkthrough/Tips for troubleshooting - PlayOnLinux (POL) - running Windows applications easier than plain vanilla Wine

1 Like

In answer, I tried using the wine app, also the Linux windows support program, just to let you know I am not good with technical terminology, I think that Selectronic as a company should step well outside the box and explore other options, to expand, I recently reloaded a windows 10 OS onto another computer that I have, I can say truthfully it ain't worth it, I'm definitely glad that I didn't pay for the program as the registration key is still integrated into the firmware but I uninstalled and reloaded Zorin, Microsoft to me is just a big advertising company and nothing else. and just to check my inverter it ain't worth it, there are enough inverters available that not as technical but still deliver 240 volts 24/7, I am fully off-grid and been that way for 20 years, as long as the fridge and freezer are running and a little bit of light at night thats all I need Cheers peter

2 Likes

Just to say as far as I know I only have one acc on the forum, but I will try to keep it in line, this coming from a bloke who even failed lunch at school

3 Likes

The application works in wine: WineHQ - Selectronic SP Link

And my earlier suggestion.

3 Likes

Im not the same person as @foxxhunter ...

1 Like

Marked solution. 173

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.