How to change boot order in Zorin?

I am trying to boot Puppy Linux from USB on my laptop but I am not sure how to change the boot order. Please leave information below if you have any.

I think you will have a better chance to find the answer here:
https://forum.puppylinux.com/

2 Likes

Thank you. I will post this there now.

1 Like

Can you give me any information about Zorin's GRUB menu? I don't think it would be appropriate to ask that on the Puppy Linux forums.

Grub is standard in all Linux Distros; Zorin does not have a Specific grub that is not used on other distros.

Asking on the Puppy Linux forum may be the best way to go as there is a better chance of the members there having good knowledge on that Distro and it's installer (Zorin uses Ubuntus Ubiquity Installer, which is different from the installer used by Puppy) - But the grub is the same, either way.

To add: If you are booting Puppy Linux on USB, you may be thinking of the Motherboards Boot Order, not Grub.
In which case, you may need to hit F12 or F10 or F8 at your computers Motherboard Splash screen. This is manufacturer specific, so you may need to look up "Access Boot Order" followed by your Computer make and model in an internet search to find the right key for it.

4 Likes

I wonder if this is what you are looking for:

But as @Aravisian said, you should have a better chance to find someone who is knowledgable about Puppy in their own forum.

Thank you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I now know how to open Puppy Linux. Thank you so much, your reply is exactly what I needed!

1 Like

You mean boot order?

Excellent "read between the lines" advice!
I wish I have such level of imagination to suss out the situation.

This reminds me of one specific computer crisis of my daughter-in-law. She was panicking not able to boot from the internal disk. It turned out that I forgot to change the boot order after I installed Mint Linux on her machine - which was not a problem till one day she left USB memory while booting the machine.

1 Like

I am not an expert at Linux. I am an expert at mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I was thinking of the wrong thing. I apologize. Your reply was very helpful. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Linux equivalent of Mac Startup Manager