How to change resolution of the login screen?

Hello.

Today I install my first Linux. I buy Zorin 16 Pro. When the install end and restart my PC i see the login screen have bad resolution.
I have monitor LG 27" 144Hz Full HD. When the system start login screen have 4k resolution 3840x2160p.

Where can I change the resolution of the login screen?

First off welcome to the forum!!

Secondly, are you speaking about the blurred login screen which you place your password to access Zorin?

If so as far as I know this is normal and once you login you should have correct resolution per your system.

1 Like

Hi.
Yes, this is the login screen where I have to create a password for my login.
Ok. So this screen cannot be reduced? After logging in, I have a normal FullHD 144 Hz.
Thanks for the answer.

Log in to your desktop normally and Configure your resolution. Once done, copy your configuration to apply System-Wide:

sudo cp -i .config/monitors.xml /var/lib/gdm/.config/

chown gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm/.config/monitors.xml

1 Like

There are a couple places that you can change screen resolution, refresh rate, and position.

Click :zorin: icon, settings, displays

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can also go to set these settings in Nvidia X Server Settings APP.

Click :zorin: icon, type Nvidia, Click on that.

I have a good resolution on desktop. Only Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 630 in my PC. Desktop i good why i have 4k resolution when I must login to system. ??

Ok it worked. I used your method but previously installed new Intel drivers.

Now the login window is the same resolution to 1920x1080 desktop

Thank you very much. Previously, there was no such problem in Ubuntu or Debian.

regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.