How to change the use of super key?

I don't want it to activate zorin menu or overview, I want to remap it to show all applications but i can't change it because it doesn't appear in shortcuts section, maybe because zorin os locked it under Zorin appearance settings.

2 Likes

Or just use Zorin Look and Appearance to change to grid which lists applications alphabetically.

1 Like

I think you can do this in gnome tweaks, but the easiest way would be to use the pre-built layout that does it. xmodmap will also allow you to remap the keys

1 Like

I know but i want it to be just super key.

There is no setting to change super key function in gnome tweaks or i couldn't find. For xmodmap that just remaps the key which is not what i need.

I guess there is no easy solution to this. Looks like i have to stick with super+a

Try this solution

1 Like

The extensions on that page are not supported on my gnome version but i found two useful ones that did the trick for me if anyone else is interested :
First change the super key to activities overview on zorin appearance
Next, this worked for me : Show Applications Instead Of Workspaces - GNOME Shell Extensions
(optional) You can install this one as well if you don't want to click ESC billion times to close the applications : ESCape Overview - GNOME Shell Extensions

1 Like

Awesome, the super key is pretty baked into gnome, its easier to change on other DE like xfce ~ but gnome is flashy and feature rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.