How to dim screen in zorin lite

hello how to dim screen in zorin lite

usually you can do that in the power settings

in core it was in power settingsā€¦ in lite i can find no such settingsā€¦

as well i can not find blue light settings in liteā€¦

1 Like

If you open your App Menu, then start typing Power Manager, you should see the power manager offered.
You can also

sudo apt install xbacklight

Then test that you have control with

xbacklight -5

xbacklight +5

If these work, then you are good to go. You can assign these commands to a Keyboard Shortcut using your settings; keyboards > Custom Shortcut.

hello againā€¦ finding power manager was not the issue but thanks it made me dig deeperā€¦ found the switch for tray icon and enabled then found back light settings bar in tray iconā€¦ core has this bar setting inside the settings box so was looking in the same place to find it not there in liteā€¦

can anyone let me know if lite has blue light adjustment? or a way to manualy calibrate the screen? tried red shift but did not like itā€¦

Redshift is the only way I know. I did just try a google search, but I am multi tasking dealing with issues here at home so could not spend much time on it.
Redshift can be set by the ā€˜tempā€™ you want so it is very versatile.

there is also ā€œredshift plusā€ or something like that, that has more options than the normal redshift. but as much I remember (donā€™t have my lite laptop with me, canā€™t double check) everything was in the power or screen/display settings

I found this link with some night mode app options. Iā€™ve never tried any of them other than RedShift, but I would start here.

1 Like

I Got the Jugaad For This:

There is already an App installed in Zorin Lite Called RedShift. But It doesn't Change the Temperature or Dim the Desktop for me.

So, Here is What I did -

1. Go to Zorin Menu then Search for RedShift.
  2. Right Click on it -> Edit Application
  3. Change the Command to

redshift-gtk -t 6500:4300

Now your Desktop is Set to 4300k, you can tweek it as per your Wish. But Before you Tweek Make sure you kill previous process completely using Task Manager otherwise the Desktop starts blinking between different Temperatures.

If you get better way kindly share it.

Hope it Helps, Thank you.