How to get advanced printing dialog as right-click in thunar

Hello Zorin Community,

In thunar I can right-click a file and select "print file(s)", but this doesn't give me any options on how it should be printed (double-sided, which printer, etc), it just prints. I figured out that I can change the default "thunar-print" to another command that would give me my desired behaviour. But I don't know which command that would be.

Here's what I've figured out thusfar:

• In firefox when previewing a document, if you click print and then "print using the system dialog", it gives a lovely dialog with all the options a man could need
  • This dialog can also be reached by opening a file in evince and pressing ctrl+p
  • evince-previewer produces a much simpler dialog with no options apart from "print"

The lovely dialog:

Now I could set evince to be called when doing the print action in thunar and press ctrl+p everytime, but firefox gave me a taste of what's possible and I was wondering if anyone here knows if there is a command to directly call that advanced printing dialog (or any other way to hook it into thunar).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.