How to get back to Windows? (Ends with Dual-Boot decision with Kubuntu)

Create a partition for your Zorin install (whatever your going to give up of the 465gb of the drive. I would give at least 125gb. If your going to seriously use and come over the Linux I would give at least 250gb (if you game you will need more as those games take space quick). No need to format the Linux section it will do it at install

If you have the USB boot ready place it in the slot. Restart, go to BIOS select boot from USB, Disable TPM and Secure boot....save & exit. Let it run it's course.

2 Likes

Storage is not a concern... But I should mention that I want to give Linux and Windows a little more than the least amount of space possible. The rest of the space should be used in creating partitions where I will store files.

Good luck with the install

1 Like

I just checked my Zorin installation.
I keep all large files in separate SDD dedicated for Multimedia.
The current installation size is 80GB.

I remember someone try to install Zorin on 64GB but eventually face a space issue.

For me, 128 GB is more comfortable size but you might be able to get away with 100 GB (YMMV).

3 Likes

Yes I am giving 100GB to linux. I will be installing Kubuntu instead (and if I don't like it I will come to Zorin Lite 15.3). I have Zorin installed on my other system and I would like some diversity as well.

2 Likes

Does this look alright?

Kubuntu+Windows Review
KDE is like a dream come true. Zorin should totally create a KDE Edition. It is faster than Gnome at scratch.
Windows is worse than gnome but again I am using it for running Windows only applications, so it does not matter. Running Windows and Linux at the same time is so cool.
A Question:
I want to create two additional partitions that stores my personal files and I want it to be accessible in both the OS. Which format should they be in? FAT? I would like to get answered to this question quickly as it hindering my work.

With Zorin, you could format it NTFS, since Zorin Includes the ntfs-3g package. I am not sure if Kubuntu does or not, but you can install it:

sudo apt install -y ntfs-3g

2 Likes

Tried it. Kubuntu has the ntfs-3g package. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.