How to give macos look in zorin 17.1

Hi There,

I am trying to give macos look to my current zorin os 17.1pro. I have tried and it is half done. like this:

but I have a default Mac dash-to-dock.

problems:

1. I have installed a plank, so it has a dock. don't need another one
  2. show default dock when pressing the Windows key of my keyboard, it should plank dock. how do remove disable or hide this?
  3. how do change the login theme too? I have several themes, and icons in the .themes and .icons folder in the home dir.
  4. can anyone tell me a simple process for transforming to MacOSX like copying and pasting icons, and themes folders in the right dir? repeat for all os(optional)?

Thanks to all the guys.

Did You take a Look in the Settings of Your installed Plank? I use Dash To Panel and there is an Option to deactivate the Dock in the Overview.

Put it in the home Directory is right. Another Option is to put it in the usr Directory. There You have an icons and themes Folder, too. There You can find the Zorin Stuff for Example. When You put it there a Theme or Icons are working systemwide and not only locally.

To configure the Login Screen is tricky on Gnome. You could try it with GDM-Settings (to find in the Software Store). there You can set up Themes and other Stuff for the Login Screen. Unfortunately it doesn't work realy good in my Experience.

Somehow it works poorly in Zorin OS, not on distro using vanilla Gnome.

1 Like

Oh, that is interesting. Even with the newer 45 and 46 Versions?

I tried a few month ago with my Solus Gnome, no problem.

1 Like

That's a Surprise. I will keep that in Mind for the Future. Good Info. Thank You.

[quote="Ponce-De-Leon, post:2, topic:37065"]
Put it in the home Directory is right. Another Option is to put it in the usr Directory. There You have an icons and themes Folder, too. There You can find the Zorin Stuff for Example. When You put it there a Theme or Icons are working systemwide and not only locally.
[/quote]Put it in the home Directory is right. Another Option is to put it in the usr Directory. There You have an icons and themes Folder, too. There You can find the Zorin Stuff for Example. When You put it there a Theme or Icons are working systemwide and not only locally.

1. cant copy to that folder
  2. should copy both /home/ and /usr/share/themes or only one?
  3. is it safe to delete zorin themes?
  1. Copy it to home folder. Users usually havn't anything to do outside of it.
  2. No.
1 Like

For the usr Directory You need sudo Rights because it is from the System. the easiest Way to use is the Terminal. A Command for this couls look like this:

sudo cp -r /home/[Your-User-Name]/Desktop/[Theme-Folder-Name] /usr/share/themes/

No, only in one Directory please. When You put it in the one, delete it from the other.

You can make it, but ... I wouldn't recommend it. When You delete it and You go to Zorin Appearance and click there on the Accent Colors it would work because that depends on the Zorin Themes. That could be making Issues. So, I would say: Let the Zorin Themes where they are.

Thanks Leon. I have done and it works. But did remove plank and use default dash and it is not bad though. Now cant see the login theme look like mac, how to change it too?

That is a good Question. I have tried to change the Theme on the Login Screen too. But it never works. Like here written is GDM-Settings but it doesn't work good on Zorin.

should i follow this instruction