How to Install a Game From GOG

I just purchased several games from GOG Stardew Valley being one of them .... they sent the game to me by way of a file which I don't know how to open .... here is the info from the game itself ..... what do I do now .... ?????????????

It tells you how in that file you posted.
Open a terminal within the Same Directory that the installer-file.sh is in.
Then run

chmod +x installer-file.sh

Run it with

./installer-file.sh

1 Like

Hummmmm I got this .....

mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ sudo /home/mike/Downloads chmod +x installer-file.sh
[sudo] password for mike:
sudo: /home/mike/Downloads: command not found
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ /home/mike/Downloads chmod +x installer-file.sh
bash: /home/mike/Downloads: Is a directory
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x installer-file.sh
1 Like

mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ cd ~/Downloads
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~/Downloads$ chmod +x installer-file.sh
chmod: cannot access 'installer-file.sh': No such file or directory
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~/Downloads$

make sure you spell it correctly and there's different on lower and upper case.

1 Like

Here is where it is stored .......

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x stardew*.sh

I'm to laszy to write the whole name so I used *

1 Like

He's what I got .... there are some warnings but I haven't tried to play the game yet ....

mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ /home/mike/Downloads/stardew_valley_1_5_6_1988831614_53040.sh
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Stardew Valley (GOG.com) 100%
Collecting info for this system...
Operating system: linux
CPU Arch: x86_64
trying mojosetup in bin/linux/x86_64
USING en_US

(process:976690): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:35:43.301: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(mojosetup:976690): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:35:43.307: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

(mojosetup:976690): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:35:43.307: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

Hey it works ..... now to find out where my saved games folder is so I can copy and paste the one from Windows to play on Zorin .... I sure don't want to start from the beginning as I'm in my 4 year (4th year in game play)

Thank you guys ..... I hope I can remember these steps .... I'm going to copy and paste them into a doc so I can view it later ....

it should now be installed. The error is them errors, nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Yes sir everything is working just fine ..... I found out where the Stardew Valley saved game file is and moved my saved game from Win 7 to GOG on Zorin ...... works like a charm ...... I sure didn't want to start all over from the beginning if I didn't have to .... found the answer to the location of saved file on the net .....

I have marked the thread solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.