How to know if Zorin is currently installed?

So today I tried installing Zorin OS for the first time in my life. Also, it's the first time I try to dual boot. The first installation took a lot of time, easy more than 20 mins. After installing it, I restarted my laptop and when it boot up, I was prompted with a black screen, terminal-like and a message that said:
"gnu grub version 2.04 minimal bash-like line editing is supported"
To try and fix it I booted into Zorin live from the USB and executed Boot Repair, but it failed. Had I disabled Safe Boot? Maybe I forgot to. So I rebooted and disabled Safe Boot (which indeed was activated). A message appeared telling me that there was a pending executing order (I don't recall the exact terminology, but the point is that something pending was going to be executed) and I accepted its execution.

Now, when I turn on my machine and hold f9 to boot into Zorin, I don't see anything except the Windows Boot manager. Was Zorin uninstalled and I didn't notice?

This shows up when I execute diskmgmt.msc on Windows. I can see two partitions that may be Linux, the ones with no File System tag. The problem is, I would like to use the storage space taken by the Linux Partitions created on the first installation to try to reinstall Zorin into it.... but I can't delete the partitions. The system tells me they are in use (?) If they are Linux partitions, why would they be in use if I'm booted on Windows?

Also, when I try to reinstall, the "install alongside windows" option doesn't appear anymore....

How can I perform the best and the most clean reinstall of Zorin OS 16?

Make sure fastboot and secure boot in the bios are disabled. Set the hdd/ssd where zorin is installed at top in the bootorder incl the linux bootloader. Set the windows bootloader as last.

If you get a message no bootable device found, use this tutorial -> Fix No Bootable Device Found Error After Installing Ubuntu - It's FOSS

Hope this helps for you. If not format the entire disk with gparted in the live session and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.