How to make volumes of ZorinOS allocation space in Windows 7

Hello.

I need to access the folders of ZorinOS like the /home, Downloads folder etc. as I have a Windows 7 + Zorin OS dual boot on my system and I switch my booting system everytime and download images everytime. I used to access Windows 7 drive files from the mountable drives in Zorin OS but I cannot do the same for Windows 7 as I had chosen the "Install OS alongside Windows 7 " option in Zorin Installer.

Is there anyway I can access/make "Localdisk/Drives" in Windows 7 to access the folders in ZorinOS?

Windows is unable to read the ext4 format used in Linux. Linux / Zorin OS can access the NTFS format used in Windows. This is the reason why it seems to be a one-way street.

1 Like
2 Likes

Is there a way to convert to NFTS then, if there is, should I?

Damn thanks, I will check this out!

Also use the public folders in Windows and /home on Zorin to share files:

2 Likes

Do I need to reinstall Zorin OS for that? Also I cannot allocate a huge 400gb because my system has 240gb of space and ~170GB space is used for my Windows Files

1 Like

The video was just an example. You could shrink your C:\ drive using Windows own disk management tool and use the space created as a 'Data' partition to save both from Windows and Linux if you wanted to.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.