I am currently using Zorin 17.1 Core edition, but I'm experiencing occasional Wi-Fi disconnections despite having updated my system to the latest version.

I am currently using Zorin 17.1 Core edition, but I'm experiencing occasional Wi-Fi disconnections despite having updated my system to the latest version.

Below is the model of my computer:

Have you installed Z17.1 Core from scratch from USB installer or upgraded from Z16?
Did you go to Software Updates and check for any additional drivers?
Can you tell us what WiFi card/adapter your machine has?

One quick thing you can try is boot to grub screen,
Select "Additional Options for Zorin" to list available linux kernel versions.
Choose to boot a older version of kernel generic. (to test if latest kernel was the problem source).

Is your computer a Notebook computer and if so, have you checked the Power Save settings for Wifi?
Can you please post the terminal output for

sudo lshw -C network

I installed it from scratch.
Yes, I checked the software updates and it is okay.
regarding the WiFi card/adapter, please see the following:

It is not a Notebook one! It is Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV_GA401IV 1.0
Here is the result of the command you have provided:

The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is a 14 inch notebook computer. Have you checked your power save options?

sorry for the misunderstanding!
Yes, I check there also, it was on Power Saver, then I changed to Balanced, but it is still happening!

THis thread actually has multiple tips:

• router too close to receiver
  • Adjusting modprobe
  • disabling wifi power save
  • Employing different grub or network parameters

Might go through each and see if any helps

The router is too close actually! it is 70 cm away!
Do you think that it is the problem?

It can - or check if you are using 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz

The router is not the problem since I have another laptop, notebook, and it is asus as well. Zorin 16 was installed on it before this problem never appeared! and now it has Zorin 17 and it has the same problem while it is far from the router.

Now I am trying to disable the Power Management via the following command and see if it works!

sudo iwconfig wlp2s0 power off

Interesting. Many people have said 16 worked great for them. 17 apparently has had many bugs. Maybe I picked the wrong version to become a full-time user of Zorin OS? Ha. Hope the Zorin Group fixes everything SOON!

Don't forget that Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu 22.04 "Jammy Jellyfish". Zorin is now at 17.1 and I suspect that 22.04 is now 22.04.3, so not sure which iteration of 22.04 Zorin 17.1 is. But having just looked at another post similar to this, there have been issues with people upgrading from 20.04 to 22.04

1 Like

I think so! I have tried many distros and Zorin was the best among them, particularly Zorin 16! I am thinking of rolling back to Zorin 16!

Thank you so much but none of the solutions is relevant to my case :frowning: