I am trying to get a right click menu option that converts any image to PNG. Need Help

I just found this

apparently it can also be used in nautilus also as per the author

2 Likes

@Adithyansm , thank you, unfortunately the instructions for GitHub - cytopia/thunar-custom-actions: Custom actions for Thunar (or Nautilus) File manager are horrible, which is typical for github. I cant even figure out if thunar custom actions is a terminal based tool only, or does it provide a GUI pull down menu for thunar/nautilus?

Time for KDE Plasma to replace Gnome:

Oops! Got carried away - Dead project!

@swarfendor437 , what do u mean KDE Plasma is a dead project? looks like its still being maintained to me?

I meant the plugin, KIM!

Found kim-0.9.5.tar.gz on Softpedia - converted it to a .deb using alien but unable to get the right context menu. The instructions on how to install it elsewhere (it was originally written for KDE 4 - currently at 5) lead to 'cp stat' errors - unable to find directory. Think the instructions were pretty poor. Also tried manually copying across the .desktop entries from the extracted archive into ServiceMenus - but no joy! Hey ho!

1 Like

@swarfendor437 , thanks for trying. :slight_smile: I'm making progress with this guy/creator, he needs help, as he's not familar with zorin, I will make a new post about it.

1 Like

Topic closed as duplicate of: