I Bought Zorin OS 16 PRO! New Project! I Love Zorin OS 16 PRO! Saved A Computer From E-Waste!

Hello everyone! Its been awhile, and its time for an update on my Zorin OS installation, on this machine. I decided it was time to change the mouse cursor and install a custom one. I went with Star Labs Neon Cursor.

It was more difficult to install then I predicted, because just switching to it with Gnome-Tweaks was not enough, I had to change the permissions of the folder to allow access to it, otherwise Gnome-Tweaks was not able to see it.

I also created a .themes folder within my Home folder and put a copy there too just incase. I managed to get the cursor changed theme wide. And with Firefox, I discovered you have to restart it, for it to update cursor changes within it.
Screenshot from 2021-10-11 10-21-44

I put my mouse cursor over the planet in my background, cause it looks like its a ship in orbit of it, which makes for a good screenshot moment lol. But the really strange thing about this mouse cursor, is that its facing the other direction.

Yeah I know, how dare it violate the laws of cursor direction physics! I have 0-clue how to change that, so hoping you guys are open to ideas. I noticed that Star Labs has another cursor on Gnome-Look, and its face the proper direction according to their screenshot.

But I rather have the neon one, I think it looks cooler.

1 Like

I have a brand new theme for Zorin OS 16, and I have officially re-branded this machine to Star Labs, cause I said so. lol

Changed the cursor theme too, cause that reversed direction pointer was going to cause my brain to pop.
Screenshot from 2021-10-11 13-22-14

2 Likes

Some people have been having troubles with updates lately. I wanted to take a picture as well as a couple screenshots, to show that I am not having any issues on my Zorin installation.

UPDATING......

UPDATED......

And a new Screenfetch......
Screenshot from 2021-10-14 07-28-10

As you can see, the kernel is still the same as its the latest one that Zorin OS 16 is currently using. But the software has been updated successfully, and thats after installing a PPA source recently for Star Labs, and my Screenfetch now is updated to reflect the new theme!

1 Like

When the software updater offers updates; Always Check What Is Being Updated.

3 Likes

In this particular update, it was Zorin OS Base, and a few APPS. Next time I will take a screenshot of what is to be updated first for you all, I never thought of that.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty cool project. Love to see how a old laptop gets a new life.

2 Likes

Yep, I've been running Zorin OS 16 PRO on this notebook since August, and its been running airly flawlessly. I now run a Star Labs theme on it, and its a complete theme too, not just OS level, boot splash and login background have also changed, so I re-branded it Star Labs lol.

Thanks shadow! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Видео zorin xfce only Zorin explanations Russian language.

Can you read Russian?

1 Like

I am lucky enough to read my own name some days. But Bourne seems to be closer to the region where Russia is, so maybe he's got some hidden skills.

FrenchPress has the skill of waving her magic wand and making popcorn suddenly show up. See what she made me do?

POPCORN

I have the skill of something, I haven't figure it out yet. :joy:

I was told by a Polish person I met in the past.
Russian was the 1st foreign language to study there. So was in the former DDR. If he is fluent in Russian we would know his age :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yes. I have a learning some language.

1 Like

My birthday is Poland.

1 Like

Reverse engineering required:

My birthday is Poland. -> Moje urodziny są w Polsce. -> My birth place is in Poland.

2 Likes

Вы говорите по-русски?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.