I cannot connect my phone via zorin connect to my linux

I'm new here. i'm trying to connect my phone to linux using zorin connect.
Nothing is showing either in my laptop or on the app. i checked my firewall , it's on and i opened the ports as advised in this other help post, but it still cannot detects any phone.

here is my firewall settings:

what else can i try ?

1716:1764

See also:

1 Like

I had to switch to KDE Connect from Zorin Connect a few weeks ago as I was having connection problems also .... works like a charm but had to delete Zorin Connect to in able KDE ... as it kept connecting to Zorin Connect ....

I don't have any vpn installed or enabled.

I already opened those portals using those commands :
using ufw: run
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp
sudo ufw reload”

here

How do i do that?

I uninstalled zorin connect, how to reinstall cannod find cmd

If you still want to try KDE Connect do the following in the terminal ......

Installing KDE Connect For KDE

If you’re running some version of the KDE Plasma desktop, there’s a good chance that KDE Connect is already installed. This is because the developers have tried very hard to integrate it into the core of the Plasma experience. However, if for some reason you do not have it installed, select your distribution from the list below to get KDE connect on Linux.

Ubuntu

sudo apt install kdeconnect

The links I posted state 1716 not 1714.

If you haven't installed Synaptic Package Manager yet, install kdeconnect from Software then search for kdeconnect in Synaptic, mark for installation and hit Apply.
I use Devuan 3.1.1 with Plasma DE and never had an issue with kdeconnect.

Kinda confused, should i rerun the commands with 1716?

No.
1714-1764 range is correct:
https://userbase.kde.org/KDEConnect

The GSConnect article stipulated 1716 and found the OP screenshot confusing having a mix of 1714 and 1716.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.