I can't open software store

how much i try . can't be open

Have you followed any of the steps in this thread?

1 Like

no . just when i try to open it its not opening from frist place

In terminal, please try running:

killall gnome-software

rm -rf ~/.cache/gnome-software

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software

Relaunch Software to test.

still .

Can you please be more descriptive?

What happens when you launch the Gnome Software Store?

i'am sorry its just can't be open . when i try to click on it . its won't open at all

When you run this command, what output does the terminal show?

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required: nvidia-firmware-535-535.129.03 Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded. Need to get 733 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/zorinos/patches/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 gnome-software amd64 45.2-1+zorin4 [733 kB] Fetched 733 kB in 26s (27.9 kB/s) (Reading database ... 247787 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../gnome-software_45.2-1+zorin4_amd64.deb ... Unpacking gnome-software (45.2-1+zorin4) over (45.2-1+zorin4) ... Setting up gnome-software (45.2-1+zorin4) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu3) ... Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu3) ... Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:i386 (2.72.4-0ubuntu2.2) ... Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:amd64 (2.72.4-0ubuntu2.2) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.35-0ubuntu3.5) ... Processing triggers for man-db (2.10.2-1) ... Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70+nmu1ubuntu1) ...

In terminal, try running:

gnome-software

and relay what happens or what output is in terminal.

20:23:16:013 Gdk Error flushing display: Protocol error

Are you logged in on Wayland?

Try Log out - then click the gear icon (click "sign in as another user" if you cannot see the gear icon appearing, then click the gear icon, then return to logging in as yourself) and choose Zorin Desktop on X

Once on X11, try launching Gnome-Software.

2 Likes

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.