These are the issues happening really frequently on Software Center:
- endless loading
- slow loading
- blank Installed section
- missing search results
- Sorry, something went wrong:
The name :(different numbers) was not provided by any .service files
These are their workarounds or fixes:
First, see if refreshing the Software Store is all you need.
Otherwise, end all Software Processes, remove any cached files and reinstall the Software Application:
rm -rf ~/.cache/gnome-software
sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-software
Software to test.
Some users may experience:
- endless Downloading change information... on any update on Updates section
- unexpected closure
In this case, please try:
sudo apt install --reinstall fwupd gnome-software
Additional troubles you may experience:
- There are no details for this application. after clicking Show details on right-click menu on a game/software on Zorin Menu
Launch Software Store and in Settings > Applications > click the software you want to open in Software Center > Open in Software Center (it's on title bar)
- about 30 seconds (online or offline doesn't matter) to load a game/software page after clicking Show details on right-click menu on a game/software on Zorin Menu
- Unable to install (software name): you do not have permissions to install software
sudo apt install --reinstall policykit-1-gnome ca-certificates gnome-software
If you want you can try Synaptic Package Manager, maybe you'll prefer it. To have a short preview for its usage, you can check carmar's post below
Please report here any new one you may experience so I add it with its possible fixes or even suggest new possible fixes/workarounds.
Thanks to Aravisian for completing and verifying the post before its release.